Anarchist Prince Kropotkin

Politics, History, & 'Conspiracy'
Masato
Site Admin

Anarchist Prince Kropotkin

Postby Masato » Mon May 21, 2018 7:15 pm

Hey all

New member shankara tipped me off on this name, Peter Kropotkin.

Kropotkin as born as an aristocrat, even serving for a time as an aide to Tsar Alexander II. Also from 1862 to 1867 as an army officer in Siberia, highly educated etc.

Then he broke with all that to be come a Revolutionary, but with one difference; while most 'revolutions', including the Bolshevik 'revolution', all seem to promote swapping one powerful state with another, Kropotkin pointed out the folly, that any sort of powerful state is the the REASON for most revolutions... so why just replace it with another that will inevitably fall down the same road?

Instead he offered ideas of ANARCHISM, promoting terms like 'mutual aid', and 'voluntary cooperation'. ORGANIZED SOCIETY WITHOUT THE STATE. He even preached that contrary to the Darwinian concept of the survival of the fittest, he offered that cooperation rather than conflict is the chief factor in the evolution of species.

Stories of him being jailed, a great escape, and starting an anarchist cooperative in the village of Dmitrov, north of Moscow, where he died in 1921. His funeral, attended by tens of thousands of admirers, was the last occasion in the Soviet era when the black flag of anarchism was paraded through the Russian capital.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon May 21, 2018 7:18 pm

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon May 21, 2018 7:20 pm

There is a quick line in one of those vids claiming that Kropotkin also questioned the official academic history/timeline... this is super interesting as I've been listening to others challenging the timeline and suggesting a coverup and/or re-writing of history

If someone like Kropotkin was also seeing things in this direction I'd be most curious exactly what he said about it

Return to “The Grand Chessboard”