Syria 2.0

Politics, History, & 'Conspiracy'
Illuminat3d0ne

Re: Syria 2.0

Postby Illuminat3d0ne » Tue May 08, 2018 5:20 pm

Megaterio Llamas wrote:
Illuminat3d0ne wrote:
Megaterio Llamas wrote:I am burnt out/disgusted with this topic now but my friend BC and I compiled quite a bit of info on the subject in this thread if anyone is interested:

http://www.evilyoshida.com/thread-906.html

What's this site?
It won't let me access it

It's Evil Yoshida's site. This is weird, I'm not even logged it and I can access it no problem. You should be able to see everything except for the NSFW subforum.

It won't load at all
Because of vpn maybe?

Megaterio Llamas

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Wed May 09, 2018 12:27 am

Illuminat3d0ne wrote:
Megaterio Llamas wrote:
Illuminat3d0ne wrote:What's this site?
It won't let me access it

It's Evil Yoshida's site. This is weird, I'm not even logged it and I can access it no problem. You should be able to see everything except for the NSFW subforum.

It won't load at all
Because of vpn maybe?

I guess maybe. But then I haven't been able to sign in for the past six months.
el rey del mambo

Megaterio Llamas

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:24 am

el rey del mambo

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:35 am

Gotta dismantle the world to build it up against.

Megaterio Llamas

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:04 am

el rey del mambo

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sat Nov 14, 2020 1:10 am

If the Dems really get POTUS control again it'll be Everything2.0 again

I heard Killary is rumored to become UN ambassador or something like that

Megaterio Llamas

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:30 am

France to US: Don’t Withdraw From Iraq and Afghanistan

Pompeo visiting France next week

https://news.antiwar.com/2020/11/13/fra ... ghanistan/

France will make it clear to Washington that Paris opposes US withdrawals from Iraq and Afghanistan. France’s Foreign Minister Jean-Yves Le Drian made the statement on Friday, ahead of a visit from US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, who is traveling to the country next week.

Le Drian’s comments come during President Trump’s shake-up in the Pentagon that is rumored to be related to differences over troop withdrawals. Trump has also expressed his desire to bring all troops home from Afghanistan by Christmas, but so far, no orders have been given.

Under the US-Taliban peace deal signed in February, all foreign forces are to leave Afghanistan by Spring 2021 if the conditions of the deal are met. France has been involved in the US and NATO’s mission in Afghanistan since 2001.

According to Reuters, Le Drian said France opposes unilateral withdrawals from Afghanistan and Iraq, “given the fight against Islamist militancy.” Recent terror attacks in France have sparked controversy over French President Emmanuel Macron’s handling of the incidents and comments about Islam.

France has been the target of multiple terror attacks in recent years claimed by groups like ISIS. The attacks surged in 2015 after France intervened in Iraq and Syria to fight ISIS, a campaign known as Opération Chammal. ISIS claimed the 2015 Paris attack that killed over 100 people was in retaliation for France’s air campaign in Syria.

France is also leading a counter-insurgency against militants in Africa’s Sahel region, a campaign that has been ongoing since 2013.
el rey del mambo

Megaterio Llamas

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:40 am

The troop withdrawals from Syria turn out to have been as bogus as had appeared.

Outgoing Syria Envoy Admits Hiding US Troop Numbers; Praises Trump’s Mideast Record

https://www.defenseone.com/threats/2020 ... rd/170012/

‘We were always playing shell games,’ says Amb. Jim Jeffrey, who also gives advice to President-elect Biden.

"Four years after signing the now-infamous “Never Trump” letter condemning then-presidential candidate Donald Trump as a danger to America, retiring diplomat Jim Jeffrey is recommending that the incoming Biden administration stick with Trump’s foreign policy in the Middle East.

But even as he praises the president’s support of what he describes as a successful “realpolitik” approach to the region, he acknowledges that his team routinely misled senior leaders about troop levels in Syria.

“We were always playing shell games to not make clear to our leadership how many troops we had there,” Jeffrey said in an interview. The actual number of troops in northeast Syria is “a lot more than” the roughly two hundred troops Trump initially agreed to leave there in 2019.

Trump’s abruptly-announced withdrawal of U.S. troops from Syria remains perhaps the single-most controversial foreign policy move during his first years in office, and for Jeffrey, “the most controversial thing in my fifty years in government.” The order, first handed down in December 2018, led to the resignation of former Defense Secretary Jim Mattis. It catapulted Jeffrey, then Trump’s special envoy for Syria, into the role of special envoy in the counter-ISIS fight when it sparked the protest resignation of his predecessor, Brett McGurk.

For Jeffrey, the incident was far less cut-and-dry — but it is ultimately a success story that ended with U.S. troops still operating in Syria, denying Russian and Syrian territorial gains and preventing ISIS remnants from reconstituting.

In 2018 and again in October of 2019, when Trump repeated the withdrawal order, the president boasted that ISIS was “defeated.” But each time, the president was convinced to leave a residual force in Syria and the fight continued.

“What Syria withdrawal? There was never a Syria withdrawal,” Jeffrey said. “When the situation in northeast Syria had been fairly stable after we defeated ISIS, [Trump] was inclined to pull out. In each case, we then decided to come up with five better arguments for why we needed to stay. And we succeeded both times. That’s the story.”
el rey del mambo

Megaterio Llamas

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:56 am

Acting SecDef Signals Troop Withdrawal in Memo: ‘It’s Time to Come Home’

Christoper Miller sent the memo on Friday, says 'We are not a people of perpetual war'

https://news.antiwar.com/2020/11/13/act ... come-home/

President Trump’s acting Secretary of Defense Christopher Miller sent a memo to his Pentagon staff that signals he could have been appointed to carry out troop withdrawals in places like Afghanistan or Iraq.

The memo, dated November 13th, is Miller addresses his new staff for the first time and makes a strong statement against “perpetual war.”

“We are not a people of perpetual war — it is the antithesis of everything for which we stand and for which our ancestors fought. All wars must end,” the memo reads. “Ending wars requires compromise and partnership. We met the challenge; we gave it our all. Now, it’s time to come home.”

https://www.mcclatchydc.com/article247175994.html

expressed his desire to bring all US troops home from Afghanistan by Christmas. Douglas Macgregor was appointed as Miller’s advisor this week, a retired US Army colonel who has been outspoken in his belief that the US should immediately withdraw from Afghanistan.

President’s Pentagon shake-up that started with the firing of Mark Esper is rumored to have been done because of disagreements concerning troop withdrawals. Trump administration officials have told multiple media outlets that the president is still determined to bring home troops before leaving office.
el rey del mambo

Megaterio Llamas

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:24 am

el rey del mambo

Return to “The Grand Chessboard”