Bimbo's Initiation (1931)

Politics, History, & 'Conspiracy'
Masato
Site Admin

Bimbo's Initiation (1931)

Postby Masato » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:25 am

Hey all

This is fascinating

A cartoon from 1931 by Max Fleischer (not w/ Disney), entitled 'Bimbo's Initiation'.

I am sure it is a metaphor for 'Initiation' to Secret Societies.

The character Bimbo stumbles into a secret society. They ask him 'Wanna be a member?' but he says no. The Secret Society starts to make his life hard, continuing to ask if he wants to be a member. As he keeps saying no, the threats become unbearable.

Masonic floors appear, and there is even a scene where Bimbo must choose a door with symbols on them like the Skull and Bones and the number 13.

Eventually, none of the threats work, so they send BETTY BOOP after him to seduce him. She succeeds, and he says YES... afterwhich immediately all the secret society members take off their masks and they are all Betty Boops, and they end the cartoon with them all dancing in a sexy group cabaret.

Seriously:

Illuminat3d0ne

Postby Illuminat3d0ne » Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:32 am

Masato wrote:Hey all

This is fascinating

A cartoon from 1931 by Max Fleischer (not w/ Disney), entitled 'Bimbo's Initiation'.

I am sure it is a metaphor for 'Initiation' to Secret Societies.

The character Bimbo stumbles into a secret society. They ask him 'Wanna be a member?' but he says no. The Secret Society starts to make his life hard, continuing to ask if he wants to be a member. As he keeps saying no, the threats become unbearable.

Masonic floors appear, and there is even a scene where Bimbo must choose a door with symbols on them like the Skull and Bones and the number 13.

Eventually, none of the threats work, so they send BETTY BOOP after him to seduce him. She succeeds, and he says YES... afterwhich immediately all the secret society members take off their masks and they are all Betty Boops, and they end the cartoon with them all dancing in a sexy group cabaret.

Seriously:

Wow, That's a hardcore cartoon
I didn't notice at first but read some comments and this was funny
Look who locks bimbo in the sewers lol

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:10 pm

Hey Illuminat3d0ne, good to see you around these parts again

Yeah this is not some obscure tinfoil reference, to me this is quite clear and bold. So weird to see blatant whistleblowing (?) juxtaposed with what we have come to see as little kids stuff.

Maybe cartoons at the time were not for kids? Is it possible this was totally an adult-audience, and these were like political editorals?

Would you see this as pro- secret society, or anti? They kind of make it look good in a way, lol. He gets initiated but its like a happy ending, lol

seriously, this cartoon is very weird and very telling. I also wonder sometimes how 'secret' Secret Societies were, if there was the same stigma about it, the same ignorance/ridicule towards discussion of it, or if it was more publicized/known about in the day by the average reader (or cartoon watcher ;) )

Illuminat3d0ne

Postby Illuminat3d0ne » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:58 am

Masato wrote:Hey Illuminat3d0ne, good to see you around these parts again

Yeah this is not some obscure tinfoil reference, to me this is quite clear and bold. So weird to see blatant whistleblowing (?) juxtaposed with what we have come to see as little kids stuff.

Maybe cartoons at the time were not for kids? Is it possible this was totally an adult-audience, and these were like political editorals?

Would you see this as pro- secret society, or anti? They kind of make it look good in a way, lol. He gets initiated but its like a happy ending, lol

seriously, this cartoon is very weird and very telling. I also wonder sometimes how 'secret' Secret Societies were, if there was the same stigma about it, the same ignorance/ridicule towards discussion of it, or if it was more publicized/known about in the day by the average reader (or cartoon watcher ;) )

Thanks man
Been too fucking busy lately

I'd like to go back and watch some more of this era cartoon and see if this is common because it definitely seems intended for adults

I think it's pro secret society but he is whistleblowing on certain secret societies
I think to those who don't have know what they are seeing would think it's pro for sure, while others will see how much is really being told in this

I think they were actually even more in the shadows in those days and less people knew about them
I really don't know though

He's definitely telling that Disney is part of a secret society and that skull and bones and whichever the 13 represents are bad choices

Redneck

Postby Redneck » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:39 am

Interesting cartoon and full of symbolism, wow.

I don't think that Fleischer, a Polish-Jew, was Freemason material at the time.

In my opinion this is the work of a non-Mason, and possibly symbolising an approach to him by Disney to join with them, or possibly even a takeover attempt.

Eventually Fleischer studios was taken over by Paramount in the 1950's, so the Disney theory 25 years earlier is not crazy.

Fleischer did great work and also created Popeye, and did the first animated cartoon of Superman.

SRBrant

Postby SRBrant » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:10 pm

Welp, I'm back.

Yeah, I saw that cartoon a long time ago. It's supposed to satirize such clubs, but it seems to be more preoccupied with its butt fixation. Like it was written and directed by Tina Belcher.

Redneck

Postby Redneck » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:17 am

Bimbo looks a hell of a lot like early Mickey Mouse.

And Felix the Cat for that matter.

Return to “The Grand Chessboard”