Shakespeare as Jewish Literature

Politics, History, & 'Conspiracy'
Masato
Site Admin

Shakespeare as Jewish Literature

Postby Masato » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:14 pm

Hey all

This is fascinating, but way over my head. I think I will listen a second time, perhaps some more interviews with the author(s)

From what I understand this is the theory:

1. The New Testament was a work of Roman Literature, making a pro-Roman allegory for a specific time of Jewish-Roman warring, hijacking the Old Testament, subverting the Jewish belief in a Messiah, and creating a new religion that would counter the world of Judaism.

2. Shakespeare was a work of Jewish 'Revenge' Literature, brilliantly mocking and countering that work of Roman Literature.

They discuss all these weird things about a lot of Shakespeare that have thus far made little sense, yet when placed in this new context, suddenly become clear. Even down to names of characters/names of Caesars etc...

Worth a listen if you like this stuff, hopefully some of you know your Shakespeare and Roman History better than I do:

Joseph Atwill is author of the book Caesar's Messiah. John Hudson is a Shakespearean scholar and founder of the Dark Lady Players.

Joseph Atwill seems to have a number of far-fetched conspiracy theories, but presents/defends them with poise, I find him pleasant to listen to even if he is wrong.

Interesting stuff

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:15 pm

Here he is on Red Ice:

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:17 pm

Some Debunking that I haven't watched yet:

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:08 pm