North Korean View of the West?

Politics, History, & 'Conspiracy'
Masato
Site Admin

North Korean View of the West?

Postby Masato » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:39 pm

Hey all

The irony is thick with this one;

- On one hand, the film's view of the Western Totalitarian Mindfuck imo is pretty accurate.

- On the other hand, it claims North Korea and its blood-dictatorship as its last adversary.

Are we missing something here?

I am also not sure if this view is representative of most North Koreans, or simply the filmmaker's opinions. If any of this is projected to the North Korean population it would be very interesting:

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:49 am

When Kim Jong Il died I was in a hotel in Cuba and i was watching the 13" tv in my room. All the stations were communists, so I watched a lot of Chinese and North Korean TV. I could make out about 50% of the spanish subtitles from my knowledge of Latin and French. I was watching a program that was basically a long memorial video to Kim Jong Il and it was talking about how he had a love for theatre and used theatre to convey his messages. It showed one of the plays he sponsored and it was basically a fantasy of North Koreans soldiers conquering America, complete with a scene of burning the White house. Its very interesting to see the other perspective. When I have enough time I will watch this full doc.

Return to “The Grand Chessboard”