What is your view on Social Healthcare?

Politics, History, & 'Conspiracy'
Megaterio Llamas

Re: What is your view on Social Healthcare?

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:23 pm

Good point Redneck. They take your money all of your life and then if you get sick...sorry you're on your own.
el rey del mambo

penxv

Postby penxv » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:47 pm

Benwahwah wrote:
penxv wrote:So many things are wrong with it.

Literally, physically, large hospitals are disease infested shitholes where people go to die. An ideal system would have doctors traveling to people's homes and treating them there.

I agree that hospitals can be disease infested dirty places, but lots of people have had good results from hospitals. Myself included. A travelling doctor system would be very problematic under social healthcare. Who would pay the doctor? How would work be tracked? If there is to be a central base dispatching doctors on an as needed basis how can they be sure that they are getting the right people seen first?

At the minute America seems to have a system where if you can't afford treatment you are fucked. I remember a few years ago an American politician tried to say that if Stephen Hawking was left to the NHS he would be dead by now. Hawking responded that if it wasn't for the NHS he would be dead.

America has a paint by numbers system that relies on overprescribing antibiotics and opiates and has all but abandoned actual diagnosis. They put it all in the computer system and then your past misdiagnosis will follow you forever giving future care givers bad information to work with. On top of that, they continue to perpetuate myths about how the body works by emphasizing the drugs that can be prescribed and ignoring the body's immune system which can be optimized with diet and exercise and, of course, sunlight.

And if you have a terminal illness, they'll fill you with false hope and bleed you dry until you pass away.

Socialized health care is a fucking travesty and a genocide via retardation.

penxv

Postby penxv » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:45 pm

And somehow we let grade school teachers diagnose small children with a ficticious "disease" and get them hooked on amphetamines, then pretend to be baffled at the drug epidemic.

Redneck

Postby Redneck » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:53 am

Megaterio Llamas wrote:Good point Redneck. They take your money all of your life and then if you get sick...sorry you're on your own.

Exactly, and I can honestly say that I have no clue what else they use my tax money for. I get told that it doesn't fix the roads or build schools or hospitals, that's covered by additional State taxes, it doesn't provide me with a pension when I retire, that's covered by an employer funded 401K type of thing. So I'm at a loss to list what it does cover. I figure that if we have to live in this system that they created, the least they can do is make healthcare affordable for everyone and not just the permanently unemployed who seem to be the only ones who really benefit from my tax money.

Redneck

Postby Redneck » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:55 am

penxv wrote:And somehow we let grade school teachers diagnose small children with a ficticious "disease" and get them hooked on amphetamines, then pretend to be baffled at the drug epidemic.

True that, I was surprised when Trump made a big noise about the "opiate epidemic" for 5 minutes there a few weeks ago. Did he forget that Big Pharma is the biggest distributor of opiates to Americans, closely followed by the CIA?

Return to “The Grand Chessboard”