If Ron Paul had won...

Politics, History, & 'Conspiracy'
Masato
Site Admin

If Ron Paul had won...

Postby Masato » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:45 pm

...what do you think would have happened?

Would his non-interventionist Foreign Policy have worked? Or would USA have become the cuck of the world and lost all control of shit?

Would his 'End the Fed' ideas have worked? Or would he have been killed, etc?

Knowing what we have seen under Obama and Trump so far, whatever realities of the terror/Sharia threats that may actually exist, etc etc etc, how would the world be different had he actually won? How would the USA be different? The state of the Middle East? Relations with Russia, Assad, etc? The Palestinian question?

Would Paul have been a revolutionary boss, or been eaten alive?

Redneck

Postby Redneck » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:41 am

I think that someone would have tested his strength, and any number of threats to the US would have arisen, all of them manufactured by those who oppose him.

Threats from rogue nations, terrorist attacks on US soil, anything to force him to retaliate in a way that was seen to be strong. Conservatives like the idea of libertarianism in theory, but when push comes to shove they can't help but love a tough guy President.

How long before we see Trump parading around in a military uniform?

Daglord

Postby Daglord » Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:25 pm

Redneck wrote:I think that someone would have tested his strength, and any number of threats to the US would have arisen, all of them manufactured by those who oppose him.

Threats from rogue nations, terrorist attacks on US soil, anything to force him to retaliate in a way that was seen to be strong. Conservatives like the idea of libertarianism in theory, but when push comes to shove they can't help but love a tough guy President.

How long before we see Trump parading around in a military uniform?

won't be long I'm sure.

I agree, though I don't think Paul would have given as much power or trust to the alphabet agencies. the CIA would have known exactly where they stand. the Dept. of Homeland Security might not exist, therefore curtailing the overreach of the NSA. of course, hidden hands would surely try something, but I think both Ron & (to a lesser extent) Rand are too knowledgeable & bold to take the bait.

I honestly believe in blowback & think there would be a positive change in International relations with a change in our foreign policy.

the Police sure as hell wouldn't be becoming more & more militarized.

I also think it would have started a larger Libertarian rush in congress & things like audit the fed would have a real chance @ passing. will be interesting to see how that plays out if it should hit Trump's desk. Massie & Paul are both running with it in Congress.

Most importantly, I think most decisions would be returned to the States & the Federal Government neutered (as much as possible).

that is, of course, if he ever had any real chance @ the presidency... which I doubt. the media/establishment made sure of that.

Return to “The Grand Chessboard”