Rousey: "Weed is tested for Political Reasons"

Politics, History, & 'Conspiracy'
Masato
Site Admin

Rousey: "Weed is tested for Political Reasons"

Postby Masato » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:07 am

“Honestly I feel like weed is not a performance enhancing drug at all…We are tested for it for entirely political reasons. The athletic commission is there to make sure we compete fairly and they are testing us for something that has nothing to do with athletic competition.It is beyond their rights [to test for marijuana]….It’s actually an invasion of privacy.”
-Ronda Rousey

http://tapnapsnap.com/ufc-champ-ronda-r ... n-privacy/

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:18 pm

soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

honda wants to smoke the heefer?
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:55 am

- Weed is tested because it's slow the reaction time, a very crucial thing in a sport that involves punchs and kicks to the head.
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:57 am

- The tests don't revolve only around substances that are perform enhancers, they test for substances that can be detrimental to the health if used very close to the machs, or in the matchs.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:35 am

good info Edge, I believe alcohol is tested too.

One could easily make a debate for banning weed pre-fight... but everyone needs to be clear imo if the discussion is about performance-enhancing/safety, or if it is about illegality/morality

If its 100% about PED or safety, then it shouldn't matter if they had it in their system from previous weeks.

The debate is not clear, everyone is beating around the bush about the nature of the discussion because so few are willing to point out the flaws/hypocricy in the laws

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:00 am

Masato wrote:good info Edge, I believe alcohol is tested too.

One could easily make a debate for banning weed pre-fight... but everyone needs to be clear imo if the discussion is about performance-enhancing/safety, or if it is about illegality/morality

If its 100% about PED or safety, then it shouldn't matter if they had it in their system from previous weeks.

The debate is not clear, everyone is beating around the bush about the nature of the discussion because so few are willing to point out the flaws/hypocricy in the laws

- I'm talking in the case of a combat sport, some PED's help with recovery and help to prolong a athlete career, in the case of weed i think the primary reason was the reason in cited, the secondary that people like to point is the political reason.
Well if smoking before a fight was allowed, we could see a increase of traumas relacioned at takin blows to the head, people wolud blame weed, just like roids, when roids isn't controlled there's abuse, people blame the roids, not the abuse.( Even that empirical evidence apoint the benefits of roids in correct dosage).

I think testing this way is fine, would like a more open approach, but that's the way it is.

And you're right, they test for alcool, caffeine.
Isn't because alcool is gonna give a competive edge.

Athletes should know why they are tested for.^^

Return to “The Grand Chessboard”