Crimes of the British Empire thread

Politics, History, & 'Conspiracy'
Vutulaki

Re: Crimes of the British Empire thread

Postby Vutulaki » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:14 am

Canuckster wrote:

Youre gonna have to start posting actual thoughts in your rebuttal (if that is what it was)

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:59 am

You're playing devils advocate duh.
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Benwahwah

Postby Benwahwah » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:11 am

Canuckster wrote:You're playing devils advocate duh.

He really isn't though. When you look at it the British Empire did a lot of good in the world. It is just a shame that the countries we tried to civilise couldn't handle the progress once we had left.

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:45 am

Come on man I know youre not this thick.

How can I play devil's advocate when im backing the good guys?

Let me break it down in point form;

- Europe was way ahead of the rest of the world at that stage
- Various countries in Europe were in a power play jockeying for supremacy
- The smart ones knew they only had limited resources so set about finding more resources (under various guises) to ensure they remained "competitive".
- Britain has the best track record of all the colonisers

Did the Brits fuck up in the Middle East? yes Israel shouldnt be on the map. Did they force famine on millions of indians? yes they did and have admitted as much. Did they kill many Africans? yep but not even close to the Belgians PFP.

Most importantly did they learn from their mistakes? yes, by the time they colonised Fiji for example they had a "Live and let live" policy to the point that rather than get native Fijians to work their sugar plantations they brought in Indian labour (paid) so as not to upset the "Fijian way of life".

Show me one other european colonial power that did kinda thang brah

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:48 am

Benwahwah wrote:

He really isn't though. When you look at it the British Empire did a lot of good in the world. It is just a shame that the countries we tried to civilise couldn't handle the progress once we had left.

New Zealand which is the worlds first true democratic country seems to be doing okay.

Further the integration if their traditional maori culture with that of the more recent arrivals is second to none.

We will never achieve that here in Australia because a) it was founded by British criminals and their attitudes live on and b) The abo aint got no time for that shit.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:51 am

So let me get this straight?

you're willing to let atrocity after atrocity slide because they did some good stuff in the world? and or, they weren't as bad as some other countries so we'll give them a free pass?

the fuck outta here.

That's like letting your kid off the hook for stealing your car keys to your new ferrari, taking off with it with a hooker in the back and crashing the fucking thing drunk off his ass, but then, you tell him, oh don't worry, its ok, you shoveled the driveway this morning so I'm not mad about it.

Britain is responsible for more genocide than any country I can remember off the top of my head. and you want to give them a free pass because they integrated well with the maori? among some other nonsensical bullshit? what they brought rule, democracy and irrigation to a bunch of savages. you're off your nut if you think there is any way you can justify what britain has done throughout the world.
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:53 am

Canuckster wrote:Britain is responsible for more genocide than any country I can remember off the top of my head

Bwahahahaha

Riiiiiiiiiight

Lets do this in Chronological order so lets start with Africa (BTW if youre talking about "cultural genocide" ill fly over there and beat you myself)

African genocides

Congo - Belgian
Algeria - French
Namibia - Germany
present day Zimbabwe and South Africa - Zulus (Shaka and his mates)

South American genocides

Patagonia - Spics
Haiti - Whites killed by freed slaves (no Brits were present)

Ah fuck it look it up yourself, stop clinging to your shitty 3rd grade Canadian ultra lib education FFS

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genocides_in_history

The Brits committed "genocide" in and around NSW Australia, India (although no one would class this as genocide), New Zealand (Maoris run shop) and they took all the harvested crops from the Irish one year.

Now go look up Nazi Germany and Russia under Stalin

Say something as stupid as you have again and Ill fly over there and strangle you with your made in China Che Guevara tie dyed tshirt

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:06 pm

You repeating your argument ad nauseum doesn't make it any more true. Other countries behaving badly don't excuse the crimes of another because you may or may not believe they were worse.

I'm well aware of Nazi Germany and Russia, and let's not forget mao. But first off Nazi Germanys Jewish numbers are sketchy at best and have been rightly contested imo. And with the exception of the holodomor, Stalin killed off more of his own countrymen than through attempted world imperialism in the same vein as Britain so you're not really making the same argument.

No one has a worse track record than the Brits for attempting to become a world empire and attempting to dispose of indigenous peoples around the world and impose their will. Has another country killed more people? Possibly, but since the true numbers are never known and propaganda abounds on this topic, the truth will never be truly known on the actual numbers.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:11 pm

http://worldsworstmassmurderer.blogspot ... r.html?m=1

I'm not saying this is all true but it is a good run down

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:59 pm

Great posts by all, lots to learn here.

Vutu is posting relevant info, but I agree it cannot diminish criticism for the crimes of the British Empire, for they are vast even relatively speaking to the references Vutu dropped.

But where exactly do you draw the border of what were crimes of the British Empire, or proxy crimes of the British Empire? Is there a leading hind behind the empire (ie: rothschild influence for example)? If so what of the many theories and rabbit holes of research that have suggested that figures like Stalin or even Mao may have been agents of this same hand?

The crimes of the visible British Empire are massive for all to see. The crimes of the in-visible true empire may be unfathomable.

Return to “The Grand Chessboard”