Monsanto Fingerprints Found All Over Attack On Organic Food

Politics, History, & 'Conspiracy'
fungi

Monsanto Fingerprints Found All Over Attack On Organic Food

Postby fungi » Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:12 am

Why am I not suprised?
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/stacy-mal ... 57524.html

When a reputable-sounding nonprofit organization released a report attacking the organic food industry in April 2014, the group went to great lengths to tout its independence.
Academics Review was co-founded by “two independent professors ... on opposite ends of the planet,” Bruce Chassy, Ph.D., professor emeritus at University of Illinois, and David Tribe, Ph.D., senior lecturer at University of Melbourne. They claim the group “only accepts unrestricted donations from non-corporate sources.”
According to Eng’s investigation, the money was part of at least $5.1 million in undisclosed money Monsanto sent through the University of Illinois Foundation to university employees and programs between 2005 and 2015.

“Chassy did not disclose his financial relationship with Monsanto on state or university forms aimed at detecting potential conflicts of interest,” Eng reported.

“Documents further show that Chassy and the university directed Monsanto to deposit the payments through the University of Illinois Foundation, a body whose records are shielded from public scrutiny. The foundation also has the ability to take in private money and disburse it to an individual as a ‘university payment’ — exempt from disclosure.”
Despite the revelations in the emails and the disclosure of Chassy’s financial ties to Monsanto, the Academics Review website and its report attacking the organic industry are still posted online with all the descriptions claiming independence.

And Chassy still enjoys press coverage as an “independent” expert on GMOs. In May 2016, two separate Associated Press stories quoted Chassy on that topic. Neither story mentioned Chassy’s now-public financial ties to Monsanto.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:10 am

Holy shit, how you doin fungi?

Long time no see

I tried buying 'organic' for a while... didn't take long before I realized the word was hijacked.
Food labeling is fucked. Monsanto is so creepy

hope you're well brother, thanks for stopping in. Any shoopin lately?

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:10 pm

Organic at the grocery stores is a joke, you havbe to go to the small local farmers you trust to get true organic now, and once they're gone, they're gone.
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:35 am

Another related article I recently saw...

Monsanto's ROUNDUP chemicals found in 100% of California Wines:

Roundup’s Toxic Chemical Glyphosate, Found in 100% of California Wines Tested

http://www.healthy-holistic-living.com/ ... ested.html

...I just had someone explain to me (to my horror) that even good-looking cannabis buds are likely to have been sprayed with shit like Roundup to control bugs and ensure the biggest crop. That freaked me out because I always thought most bud bought in Canada was pretty fresh, but of course it makes sense if you are a big grower that you'd wanna protect your harvest. Really pissed me off, makes me wonder how much of Monsanto madness we actually put in our bodies whether we try to eat healthy or not :(

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:29 pm

My stuff never has anything in it
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Return to “The Grand Chessboard”