The Quotes thread

Politics, History, & 'Conspiracy'
IDL

The Quotes thread

Postby IDL » Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:10 pm

The most effective way to destroy people is to deny and obliterate their own understanding of their history.

George Orwell, 1984

IDL

Postby IDL » Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:11 pm

Those who control the present, control the past and those who control the past control the future

George Orwell, 1984

IDL

Postby IDL » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:18 am

The need for enemies seems to be a common historical factor. Some states have striven to overcome domestic failure and internal contradictions by blaming external enemies. The ploy of finding a scapegoat is as old as mankind itself - when things become too difficult at home, divert attention to adventure abroad. Bring the divided nation together to face an outside enemy, either a real one, or else one invented for the purpose. With the disappearance of the traditional enemy, the temptation is to use religious or ethnic minorities as scapegoats, especially those whose differences from the majority are disturbing. "Every state has been so used to classifying its neighbours as friend or foe, that the sudden absence of traditional adversaries has left governments and public opinion with a great void to fill. New enemies have to be identified, new strategies imagined, and new weapons devised. "In searching for a common enemy against whom we can unite, we came up with the idea that pollution, the threat of global warming, water shortages, famine and the like, would fit the bill. In their totality and their interactions these phenomena do constitute a common threat which must be confronted by everyone together. But in designating these dangers as the enemy, we fall into the trap, which we have already warned readers about, namely mistaking symptoms for causes. All these dangers are caused by human intervention in natural processes, and it is only through changed attitudes and behaviour that they can be overcome. The real enemy then is humanity itself.

Club of Rome, The First Global Revolution, 1991
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Club_of_Rome

IDL

Postby IDL » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:21 am

No matter if the science of global warming is all phony… climate change provides the greatest opportunity to bring about justice and equality in the world.

Christine Stewart, former Canadian Minister of the Environment
(not sure the original source for this)

IDL

Postby IDL » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:34 am

Success is the important thing. Propaganda is not a matter for average minds, but rather a matter for practitioners. It is not supposed to be lovely or theoretically correct. I do not care if I give wonderful, aesthetically elegant speeches, or speak so that women cry. The point of a political speech is to persuade people of what we think right. I speak differently in the provinces than I do in Berlin, and when I speak in Bayreuth, I say different things than I say in the Pharus Hall. That is a matter of practice, not of theory. We do not want to be a movement of a few straw brains, but rather a movement that can conquer the broad masses. Propaganda should be popular, not intellectually pleasing. It is not the task of propaganda to discover intellectual truths

Joseph Goebbels

IDL

Postby IDL » Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:59 am

Since I entered politics, I have chiefly had men's views confided to me privately. Some of the biggest men in the United States, in the field of commerce and manufacture, are afraid of somebody, are afraid of something. They know that there is a power somewhere so organized, so subtle, so watchful, so interlocked, so complete, so pervasive, that they had better not speak above their breath when they speak in condemnation of it.

Thomas Woodrow Wilson, 28th President of the United States of America, 1913
https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Woodrow_Wilson

IDL

Postby IDL » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:41 pm

The man of the future will be of mixed race. Today's races and classes will gradually disappear owing to the vanishing of space, time, and prejudice. The Eurasian-Negroid race of the future, similar in its appearance to the Ancient Egyptians, will replace the diversity of peoples with a diversity of individuals

Instead of destroying European Jewry, Europe, against its own will, refined and educated this people into a future leader-nation through this artificial selection process. No wonder that this people, that escaped Ghetto-Prison, developed into a spiritual nobility of Europe. Therefore a gracious Providence provided Europe with a new race of nobility by the Grace of Spirit. This happened at the moment when Europe’s feudal aristocracy became dilapidated, and thanks to Jewish emancipation.

Count Richard Nikolaus von Coudenhove-Kalergi, Practical Idealism, 1925
Kalergi was founder and President for 49 years of the Paneuropean Union, financed by Max Warburg, who he came in contact through Louis Nathaniel de Rothschild
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_N ... ve-Kalergi

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:29 pm

- Cool thread.
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

IDL

Postby IDL » Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:49 pm

"The case against science is straightforward: much of the scientific literature, perhaps half, may simply be untrue. Afflicted by studies with small sample sizes, tiny effects, invalid exploratory analyses, and flagrant conflicts of interest, together with an obsession for pursuing fashionable trends of dubious importance, science has taken a turn towards darkness.”

"It is simply no longer possible to believe much of the clinical research that is published, or to rely on the judgment of trusted physicians or authoritative medical guidelines. I take no pleasure in this conclusion, which I reached slowly and reluctantly over my two decades as an editor of the New England Journal of Medicine"

Richard Horton, Editor in Chief, Lancet Medical Journal

http://www.collective-evolution.com/201 ... -is-false/

http://www.thelancet.com/pdfs/journals/lancet/PIIS0140-6736%2815%2960696-1.pdf

Vutulaki-san

Postby Vutulaki-san » Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:13 am

"This dick aint gonna suck itself bitch"

-Vutu

Return to “The Grand Chessboard”