Media Propaganda

Politics, History, & 'Conspiracy'
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Media propoganda

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:52 am

robbstar wrote:We here in Scotland have just witnessed first hand the bias of main stream news with regards to a recent referendum that could have see us potentially separating from the UK. Evidently this would never be allowed for many reasons, however an eminent scholar at the UWS catalogued and categorised all the press over the who period leading up to the vote, his research showed that the main stream were bias through out and he goes on to highlight some of the techniques they used. He has the fll report online , here is a interview with him. he is ace:)

- A jornalist can start a story and some people will belive it's truth, and like a snowball can be the begning of a avalanche.
Or they can put a quote of a interview out of contest.
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:52 pm

robbstar wrote:Nexus Magazine for many years had a quoted at the beginning, stating that journalists were simple 'intellectual prostitutes' who sell there skills to the highest bidders. Unfortunately it is so true, journalists are shown how to mould to the style that their employer requires.

We here in Scotland have just witnessed first hand the bias of main stream news with regards to a recent referendum that could have see us potentially separating from the UK. Evidently this would never be allowed for many reasons, however an eminent scholar at the UWS catalogued and categorised all the press over the who period leading up to the vote, his research showed that the main stream were bias through out and he goes on to highlight some of the techniques they used. He has the fll report online , here is a interview with him. he is ace:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ajd4R-9BEIw

That is cool robbstar, keep it going man

I think the ownership/bias/agenda of mainstream media goes MUCH deeper than even most healthy CTers can imagine.

We are all completely twisted and fucked up from all its lies and blackouts of poignant information... They hold an enormous amount of power to shape and control the public perception/beliefs... they even have the power to write the history if you think about it. Then consider how few hands it has been in over the past century, and whose hands its in, then consider the MOUNTAINS of times they have been caught lying and distorting facts and the whole thing becomes somewhat of a nightmare.

IMO, public enemy #1 is the mainstream media and the world view that they purport. Break that credibility and a huge chunk of the power of the ruling class is GONE.

That's why I wanna fight Anderson Cooper :D
masato-vs-anderson-cooper-t2757.html

robbstar

Postby robbstar » Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:32 pm

This is the full quote

One night, probably in 1880, John Swinton, then the preeminent New York journalist, was the guest of honour at a banquet given him by the leaders of his craft. Someone who knew neither the press nor Swinton offered a toast to the independent press. Swinton outraged his colleagues by replying:
"There is no such thing, at this date of the world's history, in America, as an independent press. You know it and I know it.
There is not one of you who dares to write your honest opinions, and if you did, you know beforehand that it would never appear in print. I am paid weekly for keeping my honest opinion out of the paper I am connected with. Others of you are paid similar salaries for similar things, and any of you who would be so foolish as to write honest opinions would be out on the streets looking for another job. If I allowed my honest opinions to appear in one issue of my paper, before twenty-four hours my occupation would be gone.
"The business of the journalists is to destroy the truth, to lie outright, to pervert, to vilify, to fawn at the feet of mammon, and to sell his country and his race for his daily bread.
You know it and I know it, and what folly is this toasting an independent press?
We are the tools and vassals of rich men behind the scenes. We are the jumping jacks, they pull the strings and we dance. Our talents, our possibilities and our lives are all the property of other men. We are intellectual prostitutes."
(Source: Labor's Untold Story, by Richard O. Boyer and Herbert M. Morais, published by United Electrical, Radio & Machine Workers of America, NY, 1955/1979.)

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:39 pm

IDL

Postby IDL » Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:25 pm

A relevant article on ActistPost

It’s no secret that 90% of American media is owned by just 6 corporate conglomerates, and it’s also no secret that the media is used by political and corporate propagandists as a tool to reach deep into the hearts and minds of the masses. Mainstream newscasts are a staged version of reality, and as world events continue to rise in pitch and fervor, so will the propaganda, so it’s imperative to brush up on critical thinking skills as a defense against falling into group-think and mass-hysteria.

The great irony here, though, is that it is precisely through the power of media that people will awaken to the deceit happening in the media. By and large the programming that makes it to our eyes and ears is produced to support an agenda, but, even amongst the corporate programs there are genuine voices of reason and truth.

So, how do you tell the difference between a voice of truth and voice of deceit?

The fog of the propaganda war is sure to thicken in the coming months and years, so here are 10 absolutely critical points to ask yourself when consuming mainstream media.

http://www.activistpost.com/2015/10/the ... -news.html

IDL

Postby IDL » Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:46 pm

Out of the 6 corporations that own the lions share of the media, two of them (CBS and Viacom) are owned by the Sumner Redstone (born Sumner Rothstein)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sumner_Redstone

One of the many Jewish Media Oligarchs

IDL

Postby IDL » Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:57 pm

An animated clip going over some of Bernay's principles

robbstar

Postby robbstar » Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:55 am

Possibly relevant but the founder of RT was recently found dead in the USA http://www.activistpost.com/2015/11/rus ... -room.html

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:20 am

This thread is growing nicely, I'm gonna have to catch up on some of the vids/links

That Larry King clip is pretty cool

Put it into context with this clip:

IDL

Postby IDL » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:22 pm

An MSNBC segment promoting a specific racial agenda, but then it backfires and causes the host to go into damage control mode

Return to “The Grand Chessboard”