Media Propaganda

Politics, History, & 'Conspiracy'
Devil's Advocate

Media propoganda

Postby Devil's Advocate » Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:32 am

It's amazing how appropriate and powerful the speech from Network is some 40 years later.

Daglord

Postby Daglord » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:57 pm

Spin: Media & Politics (1995, Full Documentary)

Published on Jul 14, 2015
Using the 1992 presidential election as his springboard, documentary filmmaker Brian Springer captures the behind-the-scenes maneuverings of politicians and newscasters in the early 1990s. Pat Robertson banters about "homos," Al Gore learns how to avoid abortion questions, George Bush talks to Larry King about halcyon -- all presuming they're off camera. Composed of 100% unauthorized satellite footage, Spin is a surreal expose of media-constructed reality.

IDL

Postby IDL » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:14 pm

A demonstration of the propaganda used by George Bush in his Iraq war speach

IDL

Postby IDL » Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:20 pm

The transformation of a real person into a digitally enhanced marketing gimmick.

IDL

Postby IDL » Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:41 pm

This document goes in depth on how Obama uses Nero Linguistic programming techniques, or conversational hypnotism, to sway audiences when he gives speeches

http://www.pennypresslv.com/Obama%27s_U ... eeches.pdf

penxv

Postby penxv » Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:18 am

I don't think I've ever listened to one of them.

Winnson

Postby Winnson » Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:05 am

Barry's a little tough to swallow.

I think that NLP stuff is just a bunch of Bullshit too though.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:39 am

Winnson wrote:
I think that NLP stuff is just a bunch of Bullshit too though.

What do you mean by NLP?

I have a good friend that is a trained hypno-therapist (though he doesn't practice) and is always telling me how tricky and powerful 'conversational hypnotism' is and why it works.

The words you use create images in the listener's mind. Different ways of saying things can create all kinds of unconscious assumptions too fast for the listener to realize what's happening... Someone who is really good at this can build one trap upon another and have you agreeing to things you normally might not (I think Socrates did this first, lol) Watch any street-hypnotist for example, they can twist people up somethin terrible if they are really doing this deliberately with good technique.

This is a deep and proven science, speech writers and advertisers and salesman have been doing it for years... I think many have figured out over decades of practice just how easily manipulated humans can actually be through these methods. You don't think Presidential speeches are carefully and brilliantly written with close scrutiny of every word by the highest and sharpest minds in the business? Of course some see through it and you won't be able to fool them but TONS of people will bite that hook and be swindled without even realizing it

Unless you are talking about something different when you say NLP - I haven't clicked on IDL's link yet either

IDL

Postby IDL » Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:20 pm

Yeah I look at it the same way as Masato. It is part of the dark arts, so to speak, of persuasion. Playing on the subconscious is an extensively studied science, and one that is of great interests to those who run our system. Propaganda also acts on the subconscious.
That document I linked is some serious food for thought. It really does break things down into detail.

Also found this which provides some examples and some thoughts on the matter
http://mindtechniqueresearch.blogspot.ca/

There is no denying that Obama has a strange effect on people. Especially initially people were falling all over themselves. A lot of that was pre-conditioning (people trying to prove to the world how progressive they are) but he does speak rhythmically and of course political speeches are written by professionals and are put together scientifically. No doubt he was trained by experts and other speakers would be employing some of the same techniques.

How much of an effect subliminal techniques have on people is hard to quantify, and peoples susceptibility to hypnotic suggestion varies quite a bit from person to person.

"these aren't the droids you're looking for"

IDL

Postby IDL » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:52 am

This article is a gem

http://www.ihr.org/other/TonyMartin2002.html

Tony Martin is a black histories professor who did investigation into the Jewish involvement of the global slave trade historically. In the article he talks about how he unknowingly walked into an area that Jewish lobby groups operate in trying to suppress information.

It fits in with this thread because it's about how information is controlled, listing many of the strategies employed he himself experienced. In this case, it backfired because he wasn't intimidated and their attacks ended up drawing attention to his work but it illustrates the mechanisms that are deployed when someone 'steps out of line'.

Return to “The Grand Chessboard”