Ideas for Kitsune Society positions.

Politics, History, & 'Conspiracy'
SRBrant

Ideas for Kitsune Society positions.

Postby SRBrant » Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:09 am

In my group, the Kitsune Society, I was thinking of having there be different "classes" of Kindra (members) so that some are able to specialize in a certain field and support the group in specific ways. Anyone have any ideas, comments or suggestions?

Here are some of my ideas:

- Blaster (Kindra that specialize in making noise as a form of direct action)
- Cenobite* (Priests who spread the word of the group through community work)
- Fox Priest (The religious servants of the Kitsune)
- Medic (For any and all boo-boos and ouchies)
- Mendicant (those who are intentionally homeless to serve the homeless)
- Runner (Couriers and deliverymen)
- Scribe (Masters of the written word)
- Shaman (Those with the ability to speak with the gods themselves)
- Sontari** (Kindra in charge of protecting themselves and others in case a situation turns violent)
- Spy (For all undercover work)

*The original meaning of the word Cenobite is a kind of monk that participates in community life as opposed to their hermetic counterparts.
**Kitspeak word meaning "Warrior", derived from "Sontaran."

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:58 pm

Very interesting

Are there garments/symbols/colors/totems etc that correspond to these different positions?

I always thought a monk's life was somewhat wasted hiding away in his monastery. For himself, and for others

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:05 pm

I could tell you which positions attract me, but not willing to cave to your persuasion to get me to sign contracts with y'all :D

I'm telling you; many avenues of insight/wisdom/power have their fruits, but to over-commit to one particular sect is to become a fanatical, and is risking a cult sort of mentality.

I used to be part of a Sahaja meditation group. Wonderful effects, real shit, no joke. But these people made it their 'everything/ and it slowly became a sort of religion to those folks.

I see these things like I do people; there are lots and lots and lots. Some you make friends with, some you don't. Some become good friends, others part ways. But just because you have found a friend of value does not mean you must marry them.

Are these roles for life? etc

I am not a fan of 'vows' etc. The Tao knows better than me how things are to unfold

SRBrant

Postby SRBrant » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:51 am

No, they aren't for life, of course. However, they are determined by your skills. For example, if you have great social and negotiation skills, you're either an emissary or a cenobite. If you're an excellent sprinter or runner, you're, well...a runner. If you know first aid, you're a medic. And so on and so forth.

My idea for using spies would be investigative journalism and taking any appropriate opportunity to schmooze with the rich and the elite, so as to subtly spread our influence through the upper crust. If our philosophy spreads through the bourgeoisie, we can have a serious advantage against those One Percent profligates.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:19 am

I would be shitty spy then. I have no contacts with the rich and elite

Which one are you, SRBrant?

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:55 pm

He's a Malaka.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:59 pm

BAHAHAHAHAHA^

cornuto
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:27 pm

Did i misunderstand the question?
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

SRBrant

Postby SRBrant » Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:36 pm

Canuckster wrote:Image

Did i misunderstand the question?

What am I looking at?

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:58 pm

Kitsune sinking in the third hook.

Return to “The Grand Chessboard”