Chuck Norris vs Monsanto GMOs

Politics, History, & 'Conspiracy'
Masato
Site Admin

Chuck Norris vs Monsanto GMOs

Postby Masato » Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:31 am

From the man himself:

"American diets are being bombarded with genetically modified foods. Big seed companies initiate it. Big food business loves it. Big government enables it. But Americans are ones paying the price through their pocketbook and especially their health. And worst of all, as the old song goes, it may be “killing you softly”

Today, in the United States, as much as 80 percent of packaged foods contain ingredients that have been genetically modified, according to the Grocery Manufacturers Association. And 90 percent of many U.S. crops are grown with genetically engineered seed. In Iowa, for example, 91 percent of the corn and 93 percent of the soybean acres were genetically modified last year.

But unlike 60 other countries around the world – including the European Union, which has required that genetically engineered foods be labeled since 1997, most Americans will never know if they are consuming GMOs because there are no federal and few state laws require their listing among food ingredients.

Leading the pro-GMO march is Monsanto, the world’s largest seed maker and a publicly traded American multinational agricultural biotechnology corporation. The colossal seed giant is moving full-steam ahead to become the No. 1 U.S. and global farm supplier. They are so monopolizing the seed industry that Forbes recently cited a Fortune article noting that Monsanto “expects to earn about $5.1B in the current fiscal year and double its earnings per share within the next 5 years.” The article concluded by calling Monsanto: an “unstoppable Leviathan” and saying that “GMOs are here to stay.”

Strangely, instead of overstepping their boundaries as they do with virtually everything, the Obama administration retreats from any type of enforcement or regulation forcing food companies to list GMOs among their foods’ ingredients.

Can you say aiding and abetting the enemy?…

Almost all genetically engineered foods have been engineered for one purpose: to tolerate higher levels of herbicides. The problem is, weeds are constantly becoming more tolerant to the weed killer, creating a vicious cycle resulting in higher usage of more and more toxic herbicides such as Dow Agribusiness’ 2,4-D, a component of Agent Orange.

So instead of eradicating the need for insecticides and herbicides, genetically modified plants will warrant stronger and more intense pesticides to outwit and overcome superbugs and greater strains of diseases.

And who’s to say what GMOs will do – now or in generations – inside our bodies as we consume them on a greater scale and they become a part of the bacteria in our digestive tracts?…

If there’s a bright light on the GMO horizon, it’s going to happen because we consumers put the pressure on the food industries and cry out to individual food companies.

As a result of consumer advocacy, Whole Foods plans to require labeling in all products sold in U.S. and Canadian stores by 2018. And General Mills plans to stop using bioengineered cornstarch and sugar cane for its original Cheerios and to prominently display the fact.

Who’s next? That’s up to you and me.

Isn’t it time that U.S. shoppers should be afforded the same opportunity that consumers around the world are – to know exactly what food ingredients are contained in the food we buy?

Until we do, GMOs in our food are a shell game – now you see them, now you don’t. And while they are playing with our foods, minds and bodies, the American people are nothing less than lambs going to the GMO slaughter."

http://livefreelivenatural.com/chuck-no ... anto-gmos/

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:42 pm

- Can you imagine the belgian blue feed with those food?

He is the big Ramy of the bovine world:

Sometimes we look like characters from a DR Seuss book, the big eveil against the good citizens, there are people so alienated, that tey aren't gonna believe on a single word from that test Masato.
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “The Grand Chessboard”