Age is just a number

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Masato
Site Admin

Age is just a number

Postby Masato » Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:03 pm

Fighting without the wife's blessing is dangerous, brah (watch Rocky 2)

Then again, if she suddenly has a change of heart at the last minute, it will give you SUPER-POWERS!!! (watch Rocky 2)

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:52 pm

- I want the competitive age to expand.
That's why i like TRT, don't saying it's the case of Canukster or the man on the video.

But we are all gonna get old, i don't see a reason why the quality of life can't be expanded.

- The man on the video is 56.
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:10 am

I still think they should have a 'Veterans' division.

LOTS of fighters are still phenomenal martial artists with the ability to perform/compete, but its not fair vs 20-year olds.

If they opened such a division it would be really cool, it would open up all kinds of doors for old heroes and fan-favourites to come and do what they love

Joe Mama

Postby Joe Mama » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:50 am

Masato wrote:I still think they should have a 'Veterans' division.

LOTS of fighters are still phenomenal martial artists with the ability to perform/compete, but its not fair vs 20-year olds.

If they opened such a division it would be really cool, it would open up all kinds of doors for old heroes and fan-favourites to come and do what they love

You aren't the first person I have heard mention this.

Unfortunately, the talent pool for a 'geriatric' division would be incredibly thin. Add in the fact that these guys will have been 'seasoned' and might expect more because of this, and it becomes less and less realistic :(

I too would love to have a seniors division, but the logistics for a 'normal' fight card is so fickle it would make it almost impossible.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:57 am

^ it would just have to be taken less seriously...

Just the odd 'exhibition' match sort of thing sometimes to make a card more interesting, outside of rankings/belts etc

I don't think the division would be thin at ALL... how many fighters would have loved to have fought but were just a few years behind the curve? How many fighters still have that drive but are past competitive age?

Tons of fighters come to mind I would absolutely love to see fight, but not vs regular competition. Hell, it even opens the door for a Rickson/Saku match!!

Return to “Super Dojo”