How would you split a kid's MMA training?

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Vutulaki

Re: How would you split a kid's MMA training?

Postby Vutulaki » Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:38 pm

Diet Butcher wrote:high school wrestler goes to a bodybuilding gym and challenge bodybuilders to take him down.

20 years ago most of them wpould have taken the challenge but now everyone knows

I dont even think he was telling them hes a Ohio State champ just a HS wrestler.

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:11 pm

Vutulaki wrote:Son is early teens and starting MMA soon after christmas and wants to take it more seriously

The school is a legit MMA club with legitt coaches and they have boxing, BJJ, MT, MMA and wrestling most days

I want to start him off at 2 days a week then 3 by the time school starts

Do we do as many MMA classes as possible or say MT, BJJ and wrestling to start? Does it even matter?

Im thinking to just let him chose since its just a sport like soccer so who cares but want to guide him

Currently he wants to do MMA, MT and then alternate weeks in BJJ and wrestling but I personally think thhe grappling arts have a stepper learning curve and unlike striking where I can train him to a comp level at home tech wise grappling he needs other kids to train with cause Im sure as not drilling arm bar defense with him on our pavers

Ah I couldnt wait for this time to come and here it is

- I think getting a base first its more important. See the thing he has more dificult and he pratices this more.
We dont have wrestling here. And is such a important aspect of the game, thats would be my choice. And your kid can withstand far more work-load than us, old-mens^^
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:17 pm

theraskal wrote:^BM with the cheap "Sucker Takedown" Attempt and STILL LOSES LOL.......after just recently getting TROLLED by Boxer Devin Haney who said he could whoop BM in the STREETS

- Bradley is playing the dumb bro character to get views. The Nate Diaz one was fun. :mrgreen:
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:24 am

So hes two weeks into it give or take, by far the hardest is wrestling. they took one 30 second break for water then the rest was relentless grinding

Hes been taking back to back sessions with very little time off so hes struggling but hees hanging in there, he had tears in his eyes towrds the end, I walked ovver to the matt and said he doesnt have to keep going which hee ignored then I was the one with tears in my eyes

I have no expectation that he will be any level of fighter but if im dead I want to know that he will keep grinding and I think martial arts especially wrestling and MMA wilkl develop that in a kid

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:54 am

So he's managed to fluke a triangle to armbar (1st sub ever) followed by what sounds like a RNC/cross face during free rolling tonight, I've never seen him this happy

dass

Postby dass » Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:37 pm

I THINK YOU'RE ALL FAYGOTS???!!!

Diet Butcher

Postby Diet Butcher » Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:57 pm

Vutulaki wrote:So he's managed to fluke a triangle to armbar (1st sub ever) followed by what sounds like a RNC/cross face during free rolling tonight, I've never seen him this happy

Triangle - Armbar - Omolata. Get this basic triple threat and he'll be fine on the bottom.

Tactless1

Postby Tactless1 » Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:47 pm

I would encourage them to work on their core: make sure to strengthen their grp and hand strength, and to work on their abdominal core to have very strong abs. after work on their judo falling skills so they will not get hurt when tripped, thrown or pushed. Lastly they should work on slipping and evading and absorbing punches thrown at them....this involves proper stances and proper guard plus quick reflexes and an understanding how to turn, move and ward off any offensive moves made against them. put them on with gloves, headgear and any bodygear necessary so them can experience any attacks from all angles and be able to absorb those punches.

Return to “Super Dojo”