2014 Article Hates on MMA Like it was 1996

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Masato
Site Admin

2014 Article Hates on MMA Like it was 1996

Postby Masato » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:11 am

This is terrible:

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/Daph ... story.html

She is getting DESTROYED all over social media.

Here is her twitter if you want to chime in:
@DaphneBramham

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:05 am

Daphne Bramham: A barbaric UFC spectacle demeans us all

Mixed-martial arts competitors are well-trained athletes, but that doesn’t mean what they do is sport

- I lost the account of how manny times i've listen this, surpirse those people don't know with the therm sport means.

Its rawness harks back to Roman times and the spectacle of blood-soaked gladiators in front of massive crowds in the Colosseum or the fights-to-the-death with roosters and dogs that have been banned because they are overwhelmingly deemed to be inhumane.

- Like if humans are any better today.

Unlike boxing, MMA fights don’t stop when an opponent goes down. There is no 10-second count, which offers a chance for the downed opponent to concede or stumble back up to his or her feet.

- Given time to another fighter stand up would only allow to more traumas, they din'dt put those rules in boxing because they care for the well being of the fighters, it's only to prolong the fights.
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:09 am

"The International Mixed Martial Arts Federation bans kicks to the head of a downed opponent, but is silent on other blows to the heads of downed opponents."

This reads as if she thinks a 'downed opponent' is someone who is KOd and helpless

"A mixed-martial arts fighter suffers a traumatic brain injury in almost a third of all professional bouts, according to a recent study by University of Toronto researchers."

lol, I wanna see that study

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:16 am

Masato wrote:"The International Mixed Martial Arts Federation bans kicks to the head of a downed opponent, but is silent on other blows to the heads of downed opponents."

This reads as if she thinks a 'downed opponent' is someone who is KOd and helpless

"A mixed-martial arts fighter suffers a traumatic brain injury in almost a third of all professional bouts, according to a recent study by University of Toronto researchers."

lol, I wanna see that study

- I like the part that she says football is more secure.
Of course getting punched and kicked in the head isn't health, don't matter the sport.
But running with you head and entire body weight in another person isn't very secure.:D
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Flying Eye Angle

Postby Flying Eye Angle » Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:16 pm

sad part is she is probably loving the attention and will continue to right more articles like this for more attention and hits on the Vancouver sun website

johnkilo

Postby johnkilo » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:30 pm

Is the Vancouver Sun a legit news outlet or is it some sort of National Enquirer type of publication? Nothing make me rage more when someone brings up the 10 count in boxing and how it is safer... it just lets a boxer recover enough so he can go back out and get his brain bashed more.

glenrod

Postby glenrod » Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:35 pm

Wow, what a wretched bitch

Return to “Super Dojo”