MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Grateful Dude

Re: Khabib Cartoon

Postby Grateful Dude » Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:14 pm

Masato wrote:
[spoiler]
Wow, Khabib wrecked him. Like easily.

:shock:

No shit! I thought Khabib was going to win, but I also thought that Justin was going to present a lot more danger. Kind of expected at least one time that Khabib got rocked or something and would have to work through it. But nope, Khabib straight up worked him.

Justin is the man, and I will continue to be a fan of his and hope he can get back to the belt. But I am happy for Khabib that he was able to go out like this and honor his father.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:37 pm

Grateful Dude wrote:
Masato wrote:
[spoiler]

No shit! I thought Khabib was going to win, but I also thought that Justin was going to present a lot more danger. Kind of expected at least one time that Khabib got rocked or something and would have to work through it. But nope, Khabib straight up worked him.

Justin is the man, and I will continue to be a fan of his and hope he can get back to the belt. But I am happy for Khabib that he was able to go out like this and honor his father.

Didn't know you were a fight fan..!

Yes Khabib's run is historic. I know they said some of his fights were monster events but I still have the impression that he mostly flew under the radar and didn't really establish the fame he probably deserves.

I will remember :D

A fight with GSP for the 30-0 would be yuge though lol

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:25 pm

LOL

Khabib with the straight truth: :D

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:28 pm

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:31 pm

Grateful Dude

Postby Grateful Dude » Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:49 pm

Masato wrote:
Grateful Dude wrote:
Masato wrote:
[spoiler]

Didn't know you were a fight fan..!

Yes Khabib's run is historic. I know they said some of his fights were monster events but I still have the impression that he mostly flew under the radar and didn't really establish the fame he probably deserves.

I will remember :D

A fight with GSP for the 30-0 would be yuge though lol

Oh yeah, I've been watching MMA since the early days in the early/mid 90s. I've been on the various MMA forums since the early 2000s, but I was just a lurker/observer for many years before I started participating more.

I grew up in the Midwest, and one of my older cousins was training and fighting in the mid to late 90s. He actually trained at Miletich's for quite a while. There were all kinds of small shows up there back in the day, and it was cool to see him kicking ass :D Between that and UFCs becoming available for rental, I got sucked into the vortex of cage fighting and haven't ever got out.

I've been watching since UFC events were released on VHS and placed in the "Adult" section at the video stores lol

I would love to see GSP as the #30 fight, but we will just have to wait and see what happens!

Return to “Super Dojo”