MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Masato
Site Admin

Amazing Demonstration of Sportsmanship

Postby Masato » Tue May 20, 2014 1:52 pm

Check this out:

guysmalley

Postby guysmalley » Wed May 21, 2014 8:13 pm

I am of the opinion that A.the losing figher was getting hit he had his guard up and advancing. B If the the Ref has stopped it but more importantly his own corner didn't throw in the towel. The Fighter who tapped while his intentions where good really is in no position to judge if he is thinking compassion he no thinking finishing IMO

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed May 21, 2014 8:20 pm

^ good post, guysmalley

(& welcome! we can talk illustrating later :) )

Yeah this is a good way to see it from the other side; - its not fair to the other guy who came to test himself and fight. Once the fight begins you've agreed to play a game. His motive was compassion, but who knows, maybe it ruined the experience for the other guy.

Then again I have been to amateur MMA, and the matchmaking can be atrocious. I think he felt the other guy was just way out of his league. I would bet if the dude starts getting pro fights he wouldn't do that shit.

I can see it both ways. Very interesting

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Wed May 21, 2014 8:26 pm

- Some dudes are to tough to they own good, we see pretty frequent kids at the gym that refuse to tap( they know that training partners are gonna be clement*(clemencia?) on the training.
Some of them get this attitude to the competition were some of the oponents aren't gonna show mercy.

Pretty noble attitude of the guy that chose to lose, it's an amteur match, this referee is a strong candidate to Kim Wislow post.
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

fungi

Postby fungi » Thu May 22, 2014 1:01 pm

Respect!

guysmalley

Postby guysmalley » Thu May 22, 2014 1:13 pm

Having fought in the 70s on both sides of the coin if he that better, and what i have done is a liver or stomach shot to where he quits. I agree you don't want to pound a guy senseless but they're many other ways than to tapout which passes the promblem to another fighter as i don't believe this guys ego is going to accept the fact he at this point has no business in the cage yet

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Thu May 22, 2014 1:41 pm

^ good point

If he is so much better he could have tapped him out. They don't call BJJ 'The Gentle Art' for nothing

PS: you used to fight in the 70's? :shock:

Return to “Super Dojo”