Anyone else itching to scrap?

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Masato
Site Admin

Anyone else itching to scrap?

Postby Masato » Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:25 pm

To all who train martial arts - how are you handling no sparring/rolling with this stupid lockdown situation?

I am not in any angry or violent place emotionally, but damn it would feel good to go scrap in the gym sometimes. My son is getting itchy too, every time we cross paths we start fishing for underhooks or arm drags lol but we have no good mat space to really go roll.

I'm not even really hardcore about training, pretty mellow but I still wanna fight someone lol.
I can only imagine that the real serious martial arts freaks must be going crazy

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:08 pm

I've been walking every day, even some light runs, basketball with my son, and lots of longboarding lately so I'm not far off where I'm usually at when I was training regularly.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:08 pm

My coach is doing some sort of online classes but I just can't mentally fathom that, I love BJJ but not that much lol

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:44 pm

- Im hitting the heavy-bag. But took one week withou any energy or will to train. Got really depressed.
Now jiu-jitsu, i dont know when where gonna be back!:(
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:29 pm

Edge Guerrero wrote:- Im hitting the heavy-bag. But took one week withou any energy or will to train. Got really depressed.

That's great to hear, Edge. Learning to pick ourselves back up after times when we are low is a great great thing. In fact I think many times we come back stronger.

Its OK to get down sometimes, just don't stay there! Enjoy the climb back up, it can be an amazing feeling

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:14 pm

Masato wrote:
Edge Guerrero wrote:- Im hitting the heavy-bag. But took one week withou any energy or will to train. Got really depressed.

That's great to hear, Edge. Learning to pick ourselves back up after times when we are low is a great great thing. In fact I think many times we come back stronger.

Its OK to get down sometimes, just don't stay there! Enjoy the climb back up, it can be an amazing feeling

- its kind weird. Where removed from the good natured land of Rocky and thrown in the world of Blade Runner!
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”