Jones vs Reyes FULL FIGHT

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:01 pm

- Thank you, Boss!
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:00 pm

Basically an even fight, Jon won by having better body language in the later rounds. No shame on Reyes, his 13th pro fight anf first time in rounds 4 & 5. He will learn.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:25 pm

Luigi wrote:Basically an even fight, Jon won by having better body language in the later rounds. No shame on Reyes, his 13th pro fight anf first time in rounds 4 & 5. He will learn.

I thought Reyes won, but of course not enough to derail the Bones-UFC franchise :(

So clearly protected imo
Heard some bad judging stories from that night, and not just the Jones fight:
https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2020/2/9/21 ... ching-bout

Bones is great but he hasn't won spectacularly in a long time, last bunch of fights have been pretty safe imo/not so exciting, plus all the doping violations and running over pregnant women etc lol

I like having a dominant champ in MMA but Bones is not so much fun anymore imo.

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:49 pm

Masato wrote:
Luigi wrote:Basically an even fight, Jon won by having better body language in the later rounds. No shame on Reyes, his 13th pro fight anf first time in rounds 4 & 5. He will learn.

I thought Reyes won, but of course not enough to derail the Bones-UFC franchise :(

So clearly protected imo

Bones is great but he hasn't won spectacularly in a long time, last bunch of fights have been pretty safe imo/not so exciting, plus all the doping violations and running over pregnant women etc lol

You can certainly make an argument for Reyes winning but I thought Santos had an even stronger performance against Jones. I don't think UFC is paying the judges or anything but there is definitely the subconscious tendency to default to the champion in close fights. But the one thing that influences the subconscious in a much stronger way is body language. When Garbrandt beat Cruz Id say he beat him by about the same margin that Santos beat Jones, but the difference was Cody made you feel that he had won. Jones will lose the day someone makes him look desperate. It will probably be Santos or Reyes but Ozdemir could do it if he upped his wrestling game. Also Latifi is a LHW who just pretty much beat Black Beast so maybe even he could do it.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:11 am

It'll be someone who TRULY doesn't buy the hype

Everyone I think still gives him too much respect in there, too fearful of him. Rightly so, but you know what I mean. Mystique has to be shattered enough that even Jon feels it :D

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:20 pm

Masato wrote:

So clearly protected imo

- His body is paying for the mileage. The same happened with Shogun when he fought Jones! :cry:

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:23 pm

Luigi wrote:You can certainly make an argument for Reyes winning but I thought Santos had an even stronger performance against Jones. I don't think UFC is paying the judges or anything but there is definitely the subconscious tendency to default to the champion in close fights. But the one thing that influences the subconscious in a much stronger way is body language. When Garbrandt beat Cruz Id say he beat him by about the same margin that Santos beat Jones, but the difference was Cody made you feel that he had won. Jones will lose the day someone makes him look desperate. It will probably be Santos or Reyes but Ozdemir could do it if he upped his wrestling game. Also Latifi is a LHW who just pretty much beat Black Beast so maybe even he could do it.

- For all the hate Jones gets, and he does deserve.
He looked concerned, and looked like he chose to not attack Marreta when his knee buckled!

Not thats remove the fct that Marreta surprised in this fight!

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:44 pm

Edge Guerrero wrote:
Luigi wrote:You can certainly make an argument for Reyes winning but I thought Santos had an even stronger performance against Jones. I don't think UFC is paying the judges or anything but there is definitely the subconscious tendency to default to the champion in close fights. But the one thing that influences the subconscious in a much stronger way is body language. When Garbrandt beat Cruz Id say he beat him by about the same margin that Santos beat Jones, but the difference was Cody made you feel that he had won. Jones will lose the day someone makes him look desperate. It will probably be Santos or Reyes but Ozdemir could do it if he upped his wrestling game. Also Latifi is a LHW who just pretty much beat Black Beast so maybe even he could do it.

He looked concerned, and looked like he chose to not attack Marreta when his knee buckled!

Who the hell is Maretta?

lol what fight were you watching?

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:53 pm

Masato wrote:
Edge Guerrero wrote:

Who the hell is Maretta?

lol what fight were you watching?

- Marreta is Hammer in portuguese.
The guy Jones fought before Reyes!

- And youre married to a brazilian woman, boss.
Dont act like a bootleg Mike Goldberg! :mrgreen:

Return to “Super Dojo”