PFL announces lightweight qualifier tournament at RCC event in Russia

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

PFL announces lightweight qualifier tournament at RCC event in Russia

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:20 pm

By Alexander K. Lee @AlexanderKLee Feb 6, 2020

The PFL has announced its third International Qualifier Series event.

In partnership with Russian Cagefighting Championship, the league will host a four-man tournament at an upcoming RCC show on Feb. 22, with the winner of that tournament moving on to compete in the 2020 PFL season. The show will take place at RCC Martial Arts Academy in Ekaterinburg, Russia.

In the bracket, Russia’s Timur Nagibin (15-4, 1 NC) will face Kazakhstan’s Muratbek Kasymbay (7-1), while Belarus’s Mikhail Odintsov (16-2) fights Russia’s Vladimir Kanunnikov (10-2). The winners of their respective bouts will meet each other in a tournament final, with the overall winner joining the PFL roster and earning a potential shot at the league’s $1,000,000 year-end prize.

This announcement is part of the PFL’s recent move to bolster their roster through partnerships with international organizations. A men’s featherweight tournament has already been set for a UAE Warriors event on March 20 in Abu Dhabi, as well as a women’s lightweight tournament at a Shooto Brazil show in Rio de Janeiro on March 1.

Notable prospects that have competed for the RCC include current PFL heavyweight Denis Goltsov and current UFC light heavyweight Klidson Abreu.

Source: https://www.mmafighting.com/2020/2/6/21126191/pfl-announces-lightweight-qualifier-tournament-at-rcc-event-in-russia
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”