Tyron Woodley vs. Leon Edwards booked as UFC London headliner

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Tyron Woodley vs. Leon Edwards booked as UFC London headliner

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:50 pm

By Damon Martin @DamonMartin Jan 17, 2020

Former welterweight champion Tyron Woodley will return to action in enemy territory when he faces Leon Edwards in the main event at UFC London on March 21.

The fight has been in the works for weeks but final agreements weren’t put into place until Thursday according to multiple sources speaking to MMA Fighting following initial confirmation by UFC president Dana White via ESPN.

With an eight fight win streak in the division, Edwards has been asking the UFC to either give him a title shot or pit him against an opponent who would finally secure him that opportunity.

Now he’ll get his chance as Edwards looks to build on wins over Gunnar Nelson, Donald “Cowboy” Cerrone and Rafael dos Anjos when he fights at home in England in March against one of the top welterweights in the history of the UFC.

Woodley hasn’t competed since he lost his title to Kamaru Usman last March, which came after he defended the belt three times including wins over Darren Till, Demian Maia and Stephen “Wonderboy” Thompson.

To get back to the title he’ll have to go through Edwards in his native England as Woodley seeks to return to his winning ways after suffering his first loss in nearly five years.

Woodley vs. Edwards will headline the UFC’s return to London with the card taking place at the O2 Arena.

Source: https://www.mmafighting.com/2020/1/17/21070099/tyron-woodley-vs-leon-edwards-booked-as-ufc-london-headliner
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”