Patricio ‘Pitbull’ set to defend featherweight title against Pedro Carvalho at Bellator 241

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Patricio ‘Pitbull’ set to defend featherweight title against Pedro Carvalho at Bellator 241

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:36 am

By Alexander K. Lee @AlexanderKLee

The matchup was already set, and now Patricio Freire and Pedro Carvalho have a date and location.

Officials announced Thursday that “Pitbull” will defend his 145-pound title against Carvalho in the quarterfinals of the Featherweight World Grand Prix at Bellator 241, which takes place March 13 at Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Conn. The bout serves as the card’s headliner.

Another tournament quarterfinal, Daniel Weichel (40-11) vs. Emmanuel Sanchez (19-4) takes co-main event billing.

The second round of Grand Prix matchups were determined this past September after the first set of tournament bouts were completed, with Freire picking Carvalho as his opponent and Sanchez picking Weichel in the hopes of avenging a split-decision loss from Bellator 159.

In addition to the 145-pound title, the Bellator Featherweight World Grand Prix winner will be awarded a $1,000,000 prize.

Freire, who currently holds both the Bellator featherweight and lightweight titles, has won five straight fights. His 2019 saw him defeat Juan Archuleta in the Grand Prix opening round four months after taking the 155-pound title from Michael Chandler. His pro record stands at 30-4.

The 24-year-old Carvalho (11-3) is on a six-fight win streak, which includes a 4-0 mark in Bellator. He defeated Sam Silicia by second-round submission at Bellator 226 to advance in the ongoing featherweight tournament.

Bellator 241 will be broadcast exclusively on the DAZN streaming service.

Source: https://www.mmafighting.com/2020/1/9/21058799/patricio-pitbull-set-to-defend-featherweight-title-against-pedro-carvalho-at-bellator-241
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”