Mark Wahlberg, Donald Cerrone star in ‘Spenser Confidential,’ thriller with MMA twist

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Mark Wahlberg, Donald Cerrone star in ‘Spenser Confidential,’ thriller with MMA twist

Postby Edge Guerrero » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:32 am

By MMA Fighting Newswire Jan 6, 2020

Right now, Donald Cerrone is Conor McGregor’s co-star at UFC 246. But in March, he’ll pop up in Netflix queues around the world alongside Mark Wahlberg.

The UFC veteran stars alongside Wahlberg in the Boston crime drama “Spenser Confidential,” which debuts March 6 on the streaming platform.

Naturally, the movie has an MMA twist. According to Netflix, Wahlberg teams up with aspiring fighter “Hawk” to solve a double homicide. The film is an adaptation, merging the Ace Atkins novel “Wonderland” – based on the Spenser character in Robert B. Parker’s detective novels – the 1980s ABC show “Spenser: For Hire,” and several TV movies, per the Boston Globe.

Helming the action flick is MMA fan Peter Berg, who’s no stranger to putting fighters in front of the camera. In 2018, he cast ex-UFC champ Ronda Rousey opposite Wahlberg in the thriller “Mile 22.”

Cerrone began working on the film in 2018. The perennial contender has taken more of an interest in the entertainment industry as of late and recently appeared on the Amazon docuseries “More Than A Cowboy,” which details his training camp as he prepares to face McGregor.

The former two-division champ is unquestionably the star of the Jan. 18 pay-per-view event, taking up all the airtime in a recent ESPN ad that aired during the NFL playoffs.

Source: https://www.mmafighting.com/2020/1/6/21052266/mark-wahlberg-donald-cerrone-star-in-spenser-confidential-thriller-with-mma-twist
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”