Tony Ferguson inks his contract, fight against Khabib Nurmagomedov official for UFC event on April 18

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Tony Ferguson inks his contract, fight against Khabib Nurmagomedov official for UFC event on April 18

Postby Edge Guerrero » Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:49 pm

By Damon Martin @DamonMartin Nov 30, 2019

Hopefully, the fifth time is the charm.

On Friday, Tony Ferguson inked his bout agreement to face Khabib Nurmagomedov in a lightweight title fight scheduled for a UFC pay-per-view event on April 18 from the Barclays Center in Brooklyn. Nurmagomedov had already signed his contract earlier this week.

Multiple sources confirmed the fight as signed, sealed, and delivered when speaking to MMA Fighting on Friday following an initial report from ESPN. Terms of the deal were not disclosed but Ferguson and his management team from Ballengee Group flew to Las Vegas to meet with the UFC to hammer out the details before pen was put to paper.

The title fight was already targeted for that date but Ferguson’s side hadn’t been completed just yet. Now that he’s signed, the title fight can move forward as scheduled as Ferguson looks to hand Nurmagomedov the first defeat of his professional career.

The two top-ranked lightweights have been scheduled to meet four times previously dating all the way back to 2015.

The first fight was scrapped after Nurmagomedov suffered an injury in training. The matchup was then rescheduled four months later but this time it was Ferguson who was forced to withdraw due to a lung issue.

Nurmagomedov and Ferguson were paired up yet again at UFC 209 in 2017, but the undefeated Russian suffered through a brutal weight cut, which forced him to go to the hospital and that once again kept the fight from happening. Finally in 2018, the fight was scheduled for the fourth time only to see Ferguson suffer a bizarre knee injury after he tripped over a television cable while promoting the UFC 223 event where he was supposed to face Nurmagomedov to crown a new lightweight champion.

Now more than four years after they were initially expected to meet, Nurmagomedov will face Ferguson with the lightweight title on the line in the main event on April 18. While the event hasn’t been named yet, it’s currently expected that the card will be UFC 249, although the promotion has not finalized that.

Source: https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/11/30/20988823/tony-ferguson-inks-his-contract-fight-against-khabib-nurmagomedov-official-for-ufc-event-on-april-18
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:52 pm

Should be an interesting fight.

Ferguson looks all freaky lately to me... like he's on some weird drugs or something. Was he sick or something? I remember seeing some pics and interviews where his physique and complexion looked really weird. Plus he's way older than Khabib no?

Khabib by TKO

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:27 am

Tony Ferguson the type of guy to drop DMT with Rogan in the commentating booth then flying triangle Khabib.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:36 am

^^ lol

Ferguson sounds a bit crazy to me:

WAR Khabib

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:18 pm

Masato wrote:^^ lol

Ferguson sounds a bit crazy to me:

WAR Khabib

- Ferguson isnt all there. But his promo are cool. And unlike Miacrapist, you can undestand what he says!

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:22 pm

Return to “Super Dojo”