Fujita's Skull

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
johnkilo

Fujita's Skull

Postby johnkilo » Wed May 07, 2014 10:24 pm

This article reminded me of something you would write, Masato...

http://www.cracked.com/blog/worst-life-ever-the-story-of-kazuyuki-fujitas-skull/

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Thu May 08, 2014 10:52 am

- I remember reading this article some years ago.
Very cool read.
Diego Sanchez is the new Fujita skull, they are testing how much punishmente he can survive.
And i am a Diego fan.
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Thu May 08, 2014 12:06 pm

Have you seen the website of the guy who wrote it?

http://www.seanbaby.com/

He's like a Masato Toys on super-steroids! I can't believe how much work this guy has done.

I emailed him, asked him to come share some experience with us. If this dude is getting paid well for his work I wanna know HOW.

Highly creative stuff

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Thu May 08, 2014 9:27 pm

^ Dude has graciously agreed to a phone call.

So psyched, I'm gonna pick his brain something fierce man! I still can't believe that all came from 1 guy. So creative

johnkilo

Postby johnkilo » Fri May 09, 2014 4:12 pm

I've been checking out his other articles since you posted his link. I love the NES theme of his site.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri May 09, 2014 5:58 pm

^ its amazing. Dude makes working video game parodies too.

I'm calling him in like 1 minute.

-Will report

johnkilo

Postby johnkilo » Mon May 12, 2014 10:55 pm

What ended up happening?

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon May 12, 2014 11:06 pm

Hey sorry been off the net for a while...

I talked to him for about 30 minutes, really nice fella. He said basically there is tons of work like this. He has had some sort of freelance contract with 'Cracked' for a number of years (I forget, lol), and gets paid several hundred bones per article. He says he can pretty much set his own quotas of how many articles to write per week etc. He also does a handful of other projects to fill the gaps (Cracked is not full-time), but all creative in some way.

Says there are way more websites than you think all fighting for hits. If an article you write can get 100K hits it suddenly becomes worth money. Sometimes you can pitch your own shit, other times you get commissions. Some will offer stank pay, others can pay handsomely. Its basic freelance work. I do imagine its possible to get more steady contracts as writer-for-hire employees too if you want.

He says you gotta work your online presence though, use social media to as maximum potential as possible (which I personally find exhausting)

Was really inspiring to learn that such an industry really exists. I don't really surf these kind of sites at all, I have no idea what kind of worlds there may be out there

He also said that anyone can write an article, so if you have some specialized style of schtick that makes your work unique it will do better.

I didn't want to waste too much of his time, but I definitely got a feel for his world, it reminded me a lot like my own freelance lifestyle, just a different market.

I'm curious, gonna keep poking. I'm really hoping that with the joke EOW Joe Mama and I got going, plus the last episode of the comic I might be able to open some doors. Will be happy to share and bring along as many F7 brethren if I can :)

johnkilo

Postby johnkilo » Tue May 13, 2014 7:32 pm

Cracked used to be a magazine like MAD Magazine back in the day. I don't know if they still publish the magazine or if it's just an online thing now. I was subscribed to them for years, I can't remember if I threw them out or if they're up in my attic.

Return to “Super Dojo”