Michael Page, Chris Bungard secure new opponents for Bellator London

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Michael Page, Chris Bungard secure new opponents for Bellator London

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:30 pm

By Peter Carroll @PetesyCarroll Nov 15, 2019

Michael Page and Chris Bungard have been matched against new opponents for Bellator London just eight days out from the event that will be held at the SSE Arena in London, England.

Page’s new opponent, Giovanni Melillo, initially was revealed by the Evening Standard and was subsequently confirmed by Bellator via social media on Friday morning. Bungard’s new opponent, Benjamin Brander, was also revealed by the promotion via social media on Friday.

Page (15-1-0) was initially slated to meet Derek Anderson in the main event of the Wembley card, but an injury to the American forced him out last week. “Venom” got back in the win column with a flashy first-round knockout of Richard Kiely in Dublin back in September following his first professional loss to Douglas Lima in the semifinals of the Bellator Welterweight World Grand Prix.

Italy’s Melillo (13-4-0) will make his Bellator debut at the event and is coming off of a victory after winning a decision over Will Chope in May. Melillo has fought under prominent banners in Europe including Cage Warriors, ACB, and Venator.

Bungard (14-5-0) was initially pitted against former BAMMA title challenger Mario Saaed (13-4-0) in the English capital, but will now face another promotional newcomer in Brander (11-6-0).

After stunning first-round submission win over former BAMMA double champion Terry Brazier to open up his tenure with Bellator, Bungard came up short in his second promotional outing when he dropped a decision to Charlie Leary.

Brander also carries a loss into the contest having succumbed to a toe hold in the first round of his clash with Luca Vitali at SMMAC in April 2018.

Source: https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/11/15/20966285/michael-page-chris-bungard-secure-new-opponents-for-bellator-london
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”