Two fights added to ‘Tito vs. Alberto’ Combate Americas show

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Two fights added to ‘Tito vs. Alberto’ Combate Americas show

Postby Edge Guerrero » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:11 pm

By Alexander K. Lee @AlexanderKLee Nov 12, 2019

While Tito Ortiz and Alberto El Patron are bringing the star power to the main event of Combate Americas upcoming trip to Texas, a key 125-pound bout will take place on the undercard.

Officials announced Tuesday that flyweights Joby Sanchez (13-5) and Dani Barez (11-4) have been added to the Dec. 7 pay-per-view show, which takes place at Payne Arena in McAllen, Texas. A 150-pound catchweight bout between Gaston Reyno (8-2, 2 NC) and Angel Cruz (6-4) has also been added to the event.

Sanchez is a veteran of the UFC who went 1-4 in two stints with that promotion, defeating Tateki Matsuda, but falling short against the likes of top contenders Wilson Reis and Mark De La Rosa. Sanchez made his Combate debut in October, defeating Jose Alday by unanimous decision in a 135-pound bout.

Currently on a five-fight win streak, Barez made a successful Combate debut in April with a first-round knockout of Ivan Hernandez-Flores. The Spaniard is a former BAMMA flyweight champion.

Reyno, who has previously competed for Bellator, is on a two-fight win streak, while Cruz is searching for his second straight victory after picking up his first Combate win earlier this month with a first-round submission of Ariel Juarez.

The Dec. 7 Combate Americas show—being promoted as “Tito vs. Alberto - What Side Are You On?—will be headlined by a 210-pound catchweight bout between Ortiz, a former UFC light heavyweight champion, and El Patron, a multiple-time titleholder in professional wrestling.

Source: https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/11/12/20961264/two-fights-added-to-tito-vs-alberto-combate-americas-show
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”