Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson confirms he’ll put belt on ‘BMF’ champ

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson confirms he’ll put belt on ‘BMF’ champ

Postby Edge Guerrero » Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:44 pm

By MMA Fighting Newswire Oct 29, 2019

“The Most Electrifying Man in Sports Entertainment” is going to be in attendance at “The World’s Most Famous Arena” this Saturday to help officially crown MMA’s “Baddest Motherf*cker.”

According to ESPN, movie star Dwayne Johnson a.k.a. “The Rock” confirmed via an Instagram Live chat streamed by UFC President Dana White that he’s following up on his promise to show up at Madison Square Garden in New York City, where he will put the “BMF” belt around the waist of the winner of the UFC 244 main event between Jorge Masvidal and Nate Diaz.

Johnson initially announced he was interested in getting involved with the bout when Masvidal, a proud Miami native, tagged the former Miami Hurricane lineman on Twitter after the Nov. 2 headliner was announced.

Johnson couldn’t commit at the time, but wrote that he would take part in the post-fight festivities if able. On Tuesday, he shored up his commitment.

“This addition to the company and the brand and to the sport, this BMF belt, I think it’s brilliant,” Johnson said. “It’s so smart and it’s just fun, man.”

The “BMF” belt is a title designed specifically for Masvidal and Diaz to fight over at UFC 244. White has made it clear the championship bout is one-off, and the belt will not be defended. It is expected to be unveiled this Friday at a press conference in New York.

Johnson is also expected to be in attendance at Friday’s event, and he said he plans to announce “something I wanted to tell the UFC fans and MMA community first.” He did not provide further details.

Source: https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/10/29/20938794/dwayne-the-rock-johnson-confirms-put-belt-on-bmf-champion-teases-announcement-ufc-fans-mma-community
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Diet Butcher

Postby Diet Butcher » Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:46 pm

I'm all in for Nate. Don't like that Masvidal guy at all.

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:47 pm

- Im so excited for this fight!

- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”