Jose Aldo vs. Marlon Moraes bantamweight contest targeted for UFC 245

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Jose Aldo vs. Marlon Moraes bantamweight contest targeted for UFC 245

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:57 am

By Damon Martin @DamonMartin Oct 24, 2019

It appears Jose Aldo’s move to 135 pounds is imminent as the former featherweight champion is expected to face Marlon Moraes in a bantamweight bout at UFC 245 on Dec. 14 in Las Vegas.

Multiple sources confirmed the news to MMA Fighting on Wednesday with verbal agreements in place from the fighters. As of now, no contracts have been signed and the UFC has made no official announcement regarding the fight. The news was first reported by MMA Junkie.

Assuming the deal gets done, Aldo would move to bantamweight after first teasing the possibility earlier this year when plotting his return to action in the UFC.

Regarded as arguably the greatest featherweight of all-time, Aldo is coming off of a loss to current top-ranked contender Alexander Volkanovski in his last appearance and it seems he’s looking for a fresh start in a new weight class.

Aldo told MMA Fighting earlier this week that he was down to 150 pounds in preparation for his eventual move to bantamweight.

As for Moraes, the former World Series of Fighting champion hasn’t fought since June when he fell to Henry Cejudo in a bantamweight title fight at UFC 238.

Prior to that setback, Moraes had rattled off four straight wins including knockouts against Aljamain Sterling and Jimmie Rivera as well as a submission victory against Raphael Assuncao.

Now, Moraes will look to get back into the title hunt while facing Aldo.

Aldo vs. Moraes is expected to join the UFC 245 card that already features three title fights including the main event where welterweight champion Kamaru Usman takes on Colby Covington as well as Volkanovski challenging for the featherweight title against current champion Max Holloway. Amanda Nunes will put her bantamweight title on the line against Germaine de Randamie in the third title fight from Las Vegas.

Source: https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/10/24/20929437/jose-aldo-vs-marlon-moraes-bantamweight-contest-targeted-for-ufc-245
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”