Nate Diaz claims he’s failed drug test, won’t fight at UFC 244

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Nate Diaz claims he’s failed drug test, won’t fight at UFC 244

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:50 am

By Steven Marrocco @MMAFightingSM Oct 24, 2019

UFC star Nate Diaz on Thursday released a statement claiming he’s failed an out-of-competition drug test and won’t be fighting Jorge Masvidal at UFC 244.

Diaz indicated he’s been flagged by UFC anti-doping partner U.S. Anti-Doping Agency (USADA), and the third-party regulator had pointed to a contaminated supplement as the source of the positive test.

“Until the UFC, Usada (sic) or whoever is F*CKING with me Fixes it, I won’t be competing,” Diaz, 34, wrote in his statement, released with a tweet that read: “Your all on steroids not me.” It was drafted with the Notes application of his iPhone.

UFC 244 takes place Nov. 2 at Madison Square Garden in New York City. The Diaz vs. Masvidal bout currently is scheduled as the headliner and is contested at welterweight for the unofficial “BMF” belt.

Requests for comment to Diaz’s representatives weren’t immediately returned. Masvidal’s rep, Abe Kawa, had just read the statement and said a response was forthcoming. The UFC and USADA did not immediately respond to a request for comment, though USADA does not as a matter of policy disclose potential anti-doping violations before cases are resolved.

Diaz didn’t specify for which substance he tested positive for, instead claiming he “tested with elevated levels that they say might be from some tainted supplements.”

“I call false on that cause I only takes Whole Food (sic) or natural food supplements,” Diaz wrote.

The veteran UFC fighter railed at the UFC for what he indicated was a smear campaign to control him.

“I’m not going to have my name tainted as a cheater like these other motherf*ckers who keep quiet until after the fight just so that they can get paid,” he wrote. “F*ckin cheaters.”

Diaz’s fight against Masvidal is his first since an August comeback where he beat ex-champ Anthony Pettis after a three-year layoff. The fighter has repeatedly battled with the UFC over pay and treatment.

Below is Diaz’s full statement.

Source: https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/10/24/20931227/nate-diaz-claims-hes-failed-drug-test-wont-fight-at-ufc-244
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”