Diet Butcher got his PURPLE BELT

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Diet Butcher

Re: Diet Butcher got his PURPLE BELT

Postby Diet Butcher » Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:48 pm

Canuckster wrote:Our warm ups are rolling

Everyone does a 3-5 min round with everyone.

I would prefer that as well. But we have a ton of beginners and ppl trying out classes so gotta show them some cool warm up exercises if only just for show. :|

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:51 pm

At my club the coach sometimes doesn't seem to give a fuck what belts are in the room, lol. He just starts showing a technique to everyone. White and blue belts gotta try their best to keep up, higher belts can study the value of the move in their own advanced way.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:55 pm

DB, why you don't like leading warmups?

I actually miss warmups, we don't usually do hard warmups at my club, the pattern is usually to leave it all on the mats and roll hard at the end, and stay fresh and less stinky for the technique.

But at other clubs I remember getting the shit kicked out of me in warmups, hard work and THEN start training. It sucks but it also kinda feels great.

I wonder what the optimal level for this is? How much warmups? I suppose it depends what you're training for.
What do you prefer?

Diet Butcher

Postby Diet Butcher » Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:02 pm

Masato wrote:DB, why you don't like leading warmups?

I actually miss warmups, we don't usually do hard warmups at my club, the pattern is usually to leave it all on the mats and roll hard at the end, and stay fresh and less stinky for the technique.

But at other clubs I remember getting the shit kicked out of me in warmups, hard work and THEN start training. It sucks but it also kinda feels great.

I wonder what the optimal level for this is? How much warmups? I suppose it depends what you're training for.
What do you prefer?

Hey I used to be one of those guys who would show up to class right as warm ups were ending, so I guess it carries over to me not liking leading it now. Did that make sense? lol

My gym used to do 45 minutes of warm up... too much! Now it's scaled back to maybe 20 minutes to half an hour max. Sometimes we'll do a 20 minute circuit with equipment (dumbbells, kettlebells, stability balls, etc) and those I like and I volunteer to lead those no problem. Thing is, it's not suitable for large classes. So when not a lot of ppl show up, we'd go do a circuit.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:52 am

45 is good for pros, hobbyists however dont need it.
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:09 pm

- How much time is your guys classes?
When i started training they used to be one hour and 40 minutes. As time passed, classes got shorter and shorter.I think one hour and half is a good time.
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Diet Butcher

Postby Diet Butcher » Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:51 pm

1 hour 45 minutes. I feel that's perfect. 20-30 minutes warm up. 15-20 minutes drilling. 15-20 minutes technique. Then 45 minutes sparring.

Diet Butcher

Postby Diet Butcher » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:09 pm

Ah, so my coach told me why he decided to promote me. The dude I fought in the finals of Copa De HK last year, whom I lost to on points because I jacked my ribs in the semis, is now purple. So he wants me to avenge my loss, LOL.... I'd take it. I want revenge! That guy can't beat a healthy me.

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:16 pm

Diet Butcher wrote:1 hour 45 minutes. I feel that's perfect. 20-30 minutes warm up. 15-20 minutes drilling. 15-20 minutes technique. Then 45 minutes sparring.

- Thats is a very good time. 1 hour you can barelly get work on!

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:17 pm

Diet Butcher wrote:Ah, so my coach told me why he decided to promote me. The dude I fought in the finals of Copa De HK last year, whom I lost to on points because I jacked my ribs in the semis, is now purple. So he wants me to avenge my loss, LOL.... I'd take it. I want revenge! That guy can't beat a healthy me.

-Your coach is wrong. In martial arts movies, you always avenger your brother or friend.
Avenging your self isnt altruist!

Return to “Super Dojo”