Featherweight Grand Prix second round random draw to take place during Bellator 228

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Featherweight Grand Prix second round random draw to take place during Bellator 228

Postby Edge Guerrero » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:01 pm

By Alexander K. Lee @AlexanderKLee Sep 24, 2019

The round one winners of the Bellator Featherweight World Grand Prix won’t have to wait long to find out who they’re fighting next.

Officials announced Tuesday that the random draw to determine the matchups for round two of the 145-pound tournament will take place during Bellator 228 after the Patricio Freire vs. Juan Archuleta featherweight championship bout this Saturday. The event and draw will air exclusively on the DAZN streaming service.

Half of the first-round matchups have already taken place, with Adam Borics, Derek Campos, Pedro Carvalho, and Emmanuel Sanchez advancing with wins at Bellator 226 on Sept. 7. The remaining matchups, which will take place on Saturday, are featherweight champion Freire vs. Archuleta, A.J. McKee vs. Georgi Karakhanyan, Darrion Caldwell vs. Henry Corrales, and Daniel Weichel vs. Saul Rogers.

Following the results of those fights, the eight advancing competitors will take the stage at The Forum in Inglewood, Calif., and draw a number (because Sanchez was chronologically the first fighter to advance, he will be the first to draw). The numbers drawn will decide the order in which the fighters get to pick their opponents.

For example, if Sanchez were to pick No. 1, then he would have the first choice of picking who he wants to fight in round two, a selection that could include whoever holds the title following the Freire-Archuleta matchup. A coach or training partner will be allowed onstage to help the fighter make their decision.

Dates and locations for the second round bouts are still to be determined.

Source: https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/9/24/20882027/featherweight-grand-prix-second-round-random-draw-to-take-place-during-bellator-228
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”