Junior dos Santos vs. Alexander Volkov announced for UFC Moscow main event

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Junior dos Santos vs. Alexander Volkov announced for UFC Moscow main event

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:43 pm

By Alexander K. Lee @AlexanderKLee Sep 8, 2019

The UFC’s return to Moscow will have a heavyweight headliner.

Officials announced Sunday that former UFC champion Junior dos Santos and top contender Alexander Volkov are set for the main event of the promotion’s Nov. 9 show in Russia. This matchup was first reported to be in the works by Russian news agency TASS.

Dos Santos (21-6) is coming off of a first-round TKO loss to Francis Ngannou that snapped a three-fight winning streak. Prior to that setback, “Cigano” had scored consecutive wins over Derrick Lewis, Tai Tuivasa, and Blagoy Ivanov. The 35-year-old is currently competing on Danca dos Famosos, the Brazilian version of Dancing with the Stars.

This will be Volkov’s first fight of 2019 after a previously scheduled meeting with Alistair Overeem in April fell through. The 30-year-old Russian will also be looking to rebound from a loss after being KO’d by Lewis last October at UFC 229. Volkov, a former Bellator heavyweight champion, started his Octagon career with four consecutive victories, including a fourth-round knockout of former UFC champion Fabricio Werdum.

UFC Moscow takes place at CSKA Arena in Moscow, Russia, with the main card airing on the ESPN+ streaming service.

Source: https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/9/8/20855393/junior-dos-santos-vs-alexander-volkov-announced-for-ufc-moscow-main-event
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”