Kelvin Gastelum welcomes Darren Till to middleweight at UFC 244

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Kelvin Gastelum welcomes Darren Till to middleweight at UFC 244

Postby Edge Guerrero » Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:39 pm

By Damon Martin @DamonMartin Aug 26, 2019

Former interim title contender Kelvin Gastelum will welcome Darren Till to the middleweight division when they clash at UFC 244 in New York on Nov. 2.

UFC officials confirmed the fight on Monday following an initial report from ESPN.

Till has been teasing a potential move to 185 pounds for over a year but he seemed hesitant to change divisions while he was still near the top of the welterweight rankings.

In his last fight, Till suffered a second-round knockout courtesy of Jorge Masvidal but now he’ll make the move up to middleweight where he won’t be going through a severe weight cut before every fight.

As for Gastelum, he will attempt to get back on track after coming up just short in his bid to win the interim title earlier this year in a five-round war with Israel Adesanya.

Gastelum is another former welterweight who has found new life at 185 pounds where he’s put together an impressive resume including wins over former champion Michael Bisping and Ronaldo “Jacare” Souza.

Gastelum vs. Till joins the upcoming card in New York that will take place at Madison Square Garden. A main event for the show is still to be determined by the UFC.

Source: https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/8/26/20834233/kelvin-gastelum-welcomes-darren-till-to-middleweight-at-ufc-244
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”