Jorge Masvidal accepts Nate Diaz’s challenge: ‘It’s a fight that the fans want’

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Jorge Masvidal accepts Nate Diaz’s challenge: ‘It’s a fight that the fans want’

Postby Edge Guerrero » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:05 pm

By Jose Youngs @JoseYoungs Aug 20, 2019

Jorge Masvidal is more than willing to meet Nate Diaz inside the Octagon.

Taking to his newly launched YouTube page, the man known as “Gamebred Fighter” accepted Diaz’s previous call to challenge for his self-proclaimed “Baddest Motherf**cker” later this year.

“Nate was right about one thing: I’m no West coast gangsters,” Masvidal said. “I’m from Miami-Dade county. I’m a dirty south goon – damn right, I ain’t no West coast gangster. And I’m ready. I’m ready to put it on the line. I’m so gangster with it, we can do it – besides the 7 percent tax in Cali – we can do it in Cali.”

In terms of competition Masvidal (34-13) is coming off a record-setting five-second KO win over Ben Askren at UFC 239 in July. Diaz (20-11), on the other hand, stormed through Anthony Pettis at UFC 241 last weekend, marking his first fight since his back-and-forth war against Conor McGregor in 2016.

As for when fans can expect the two pugilists to make the walk to the cage, Masvidal revealed he was hoping for November or December but was hesitant when asked about UFC 244 at Madison Square Garden after declaring New York State Athletic Commission was “rough around the edges.”

Aside from that, Masvidal faced the camera to announce the wheels were already in motion for an eventual clash.

“We’re just negotiating now,” Masvidal said. “Let’s give the fans the fight that they want to see. Two dogs, locked in the cage, going for the jugular. You know I could get hit with a baseball bat and it don’t mean nothing. The same thing for my rival. You could hit that dude with a baseball bat to the kneecaps and he’s going to keep coming. It’s a fight that the fans want and they’re going to get. I’m going to give it my all, and I know Nate’s going to give it his all. Let’s do it.”

Source: https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/8/20/20825891/jorge-masvidal-accepts-nate-diazs-challenge-its-a-fight-that-the-fans-want
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”