Corey Anderson vs. Johnny Walker in works for UFC 244

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Corey Anderson vs. Johnny Walker in works for UFC 244

Postby Edge Guerrero » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:27 pm

By Alexander K. Lee @AlexanderKLee Aug 5, 2019

Corey Anderson and Johnny Walker’s Madison Square Garden campaign efforts appear to have paid off.

MMA Fighting’s Damon Martin and Guilherme Cruz confirmed with sources that a light heavyweight bout between Anderson (12-4) and Walker (17-3) is being targeted for UFC 244, which takes place on Nov. 2 in New York City. The news was first reported by ESPN.

Both currently in the top-15 of the UFC’s official rankings, Anderson and Walker have openly discussed on social media their desire to square off at “The World’s Most Famous Arena.” Anderson has won three straight fights, while Walker is unbeaten in his first three Octagon appearances.

In 2018, Anderson won unanimous decisions over Ilir Latifi, one-time light heavyweight title challenger Glover Teixiera, and Patrick Cummins. While pursuing the Walker fight, Anderson has also been trading online jabs with UFC champion Jon Jones, a feud that has involved an in-person confrontation as well.

Walker burst onto the scene last November with a first-round knockout of Khalil Rountree Jr. His hype has only increased since then as he followed up that performance with a 15-second finish of Justin Ledet and a 36-second finish of Misha Cirkunov.

Source: https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/8/5/20755029/corey-anderson-vs-johnny-walker-in-works-for-ufc-244
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”