Nick Newell signs one-fight deal with Bellator for August bout with Corey Browning

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Nick Newell signs one-fight deal with Bellator for August bout with Corey Browning

Postby Edge Guerrero » Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:54 am

By Guilherme Cruz @guicruzzz Jul 23, 2019

Nick Newell is back in the big leagues, as the popular lightweight signed a one-fight deal with Bellator for a bout with Corey Browning at the upcoming Bellator 225 card in Bridgeport, Conn., on Aug. 24.

Bellator officials confirmed the news to MMA Fighting following a report by Hartford Courant.

Newell (15-2) is coming off a first-round submission win over Antonio Castillo Jr. at CES 56, his first appearance since losing to Alex Munoz at Dana White’s Contender Series a year ago.

The former WSOF star, whose other defeat came by the hands of Justin Gaethje in 2014, won 12 of his fights by stoppage.

Browning (5-2) was victorious in both Bellator appearances, submitting Kevin Ferguson Jr., son of late Kimbo Slice, and reality TV star Aaron Chalmers.

Source: https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/7/23/20707856/nick-newell-signs-one-fight-bellator-corey-browning
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”