Chris Weidman meets Dominick Reyes in light heavyweight debut at UFC Boston

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Chris Weidman meets Dominick Reyes in light heavyweight debut at UFC Boston

Postby Edge Guerrero » Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:49 am

By Guilherme Cruz @guicruzzz Jul 23, 2019

Chris Weidman will move up to 205 pounds for his next bout, as he meets rising light heavyweight prospect Dominick Reyes in the main event of UFC Boston on Oct. 18. ESPN first reported the booking.

Weidman (14-4) decided to move up a division after losing to former Strikeforce titleholder Ronaldo Souza by third-round knockout last November, dropping to 1-4 with four knockout defeats in his last five appearances.

“All-American” won 13 straight prior to that, including stoppages over Anderson Silva and Vitor Belfort. The former middleweight king also holds wins over the likes of Kelvin Gastelum, Lyoto Machida, Mark Munoz and Demian Maia.

Unbeaten as a professional, Reyes (11-0) is coming off a close split decision victory over Volkan Oezdemir in March, improving to 5-0 under the UFC banner. His previous Octagon wins includes names like Ovince Saint Preux and Jared Cannonier.

Both fighters already went at it on social media after the five-round fight was reported.

Chris Weidman:

Did you forget you had a controversial split decision win your last fight? You think u would deserve a title shot ? And about taking my head I look forward to making you humble.

Dominick Reyes:

Did you forget your last 4 at middleweight!? Controversial or not a win is a win. In fact, It gave YOU this opportunity so I'll just have my best performance against you (ex-champion). Then there will be no debate I am The 1. Don't confuse confidence with arrogance Chris.

Chris Weidman:

I have more UFC world title belts then you have UfC finishes. See you in Boston, Devastator.

Dominick Reyes:

Very true! You've had your time, and It's gonna be an honor competing against you. Have a great camp, I'll see you in Boston!

Source: https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/7/23/20707835/chris-weidman-dominick-reyes-light-heavyweight-debut-ufc-boston
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”