Former champion Jose Aldo signs new multi-year UFC deal

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Former champion Jose Aldo signs new multi-year UFC deal

Postby Edge Guerrero » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:22 pm

By Guilherme Cruz @guicruzzz Jun 24, 2019

Featherweight great Jose Aldo is not going anywhere.

The two-time UFC champion has signed a new eight-fight deal with the organization, postponing his original plan to retire by the end of 2019, sources confirmed to MMA Fighting following a report by ESPN.

The UFC 237 bout with Alexander Volkanovski, which he lost via unanimous decision in Rio de Janeiro, was the first bout of the new deal.

Aldo started 2019 with a plan in mind: after knocking out Jeremy Stephens in July 2018, he hoped to fight three times in this calendar year—all in Brazil—to complete his UFC contract and move on to pursue a career in boxing.

His “retirement tour” started off great, with him finishing Renato Moicano in the second round at UFC Fortaleza in February. Three months later, though, Aldo lost a decision to Volkanovski.

The UFC has yet to announce the date and location for Aldo’s next bout. The Nova Uniao star, who turns 33 in September, holds wins over the likes of Chad Mendes, Frankie Edgar, “The Korean Zombie,” Urijah Faber, Mike Brown and Kenny Florian.

Source: https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/6/24/18716377/former-champion-jose-aldo-new-ufc-deal
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:20 am

Holloway can only tax his body with the cut to 145 for so long. Aldo could easily scoop up the belt when he leaves.

Return to “Super Dojo”