Road FC champion Seo Hee Ham, BJJ star Roberto Satoshi among additions to Rizin 17

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Road FC champion Seo Hee Ham, BJJ star Roberto Satoshi among additions to Rizin 17

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:23 pm

By Guilherme Cruz @guicruzzz Jun 21, 2019

Rizin Fighting Federation returns to Tokyo on July 28, and the company has announced three new bouts to the card at the Saitama Super Arena.

Rizin 17 will feature the promotional debut of Road FC atomweight champion Seo Hee Ham, who meets Tomo Maesawa. In addition to that, undefeated jiu-jitsu prospect Roberto Satoshi faces Mizuto Hirota, while Jake Heun battles Vitaly Shemetov.

Ham (20-8), a former DEEP champion, won three straight since leaving the UFC in 2016, winning and defending the Road FC atomweight championship in the process.

Maesawa (12-9), who also held the DEEP title before, makes her Rizin debut after losing her belt to Kanna Asakura in March.

Satoshi (8-0) made the most of his promotional debut in April, stopping 70-fight veteran Satoru Kitaoka with punches in the second round. The jiu-jitsu ace is unbeaten in MMA with six submissions and two knockouts.

Hirota (18-10-2), another former DEEP champion to compete in Tokyo, went 1-3-1 during his second run in the UFC with a win over Cole Miller, a draw with Teruto Ishihara, and decision defeats to Alexander Volkanovski, Ross Pearson and Christos Giagos.

Heun (13-9) recently scored his first win under the Rizin banner, defeating heavyweight Roque Martinez via split decision at Rizin 16. “The Honey Bear” now holds a 1-1 record in the promotion following a loss to Jiri Prochazka at light heavyweight last September

Shemetov (23-9, 1 no-contest), his opponent on July 28, enters the Rizin ring for the first time after turning his career around and going unbeaten for 11 straight fights around Europe and Asia, including seven knockout victories.

Rizin 17 now has six bouts official for Saitama Super Arena, including the previously announced match-ups Ulka Sasaki vs. Shintaro Ishiwatari, Mikuru Asakura vs. Yusuke Yachi, and Yuki Motoya vs. Hiromasa Ogikubo.

Source: https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/6/21/18700704/road-fc-seo-hee-ham-bjj-roberto-satoshi-rizin-17-mma
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”