James Vick vs. Dan Hooker, Andrei Arlovski vs. Ben Rothwell 2 added to UFC San Antonio

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

James Vick vs. Dan Hooker, Andrei Arlovski vs. Ben Rothwell 2 added to UFC San Antonio

Postby Edge Guerrero » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:37 pm

By Alexander K. Lee @AlexanderKLee Jun 3, 2019

Three bouts have been added to UFC San Antonio.

James Vick (13-3) meets Dan Hooker (17-8) in a lightweight bout, Andrei Arlovski (27-18, 2 NC) and Ben Rothwell (36-11) face off in a heavyweight rematch, and Ray Borg (11-4) searches for his first win at bantamweight when he fights Octagon newcomer Gabriel Silva (7-0) on the upcoming July 20 card, according to the San Antonio Express-News.

This will be a chance for both Vick and Hooker to get back on the winning track. Vick has lost two straight after winning nine of his first 10 UFC bouts, while Hooker is coming off of a third-round KO loss to Edson Barboza in December that snapped a streak of four consecutive victories.

Arlovski, 40, and Rothwell, 37, first fought back in the co-main event of the first Affliction show in July 2008. It was Arlovski who had his hand raised on that day, as he knocked out Rothwell in the third round. Over a decade later, Arlovski, a former UFC heavyweight champion, finds himself on a four-fight winless streak.

Rothwell recently returned from a three-year layoff due to a two-year USADA suspension. He fought Blagoy Ivanov at UFC Wichita, losing by unanimous decision.

The Arlovski-Rothwell rematch was first reported by ESPN.

Following a failed bid to wrest the flyweight title from Demetrious Johnson at UFC 216, the 25-year-old Borg struggled to make it to fight night as various maladies derailed several matchups. He moved up to 135 pounds for his most recent fight at UFC Philadlephia, though he came in a pound over the bantamweight limit and subsequently lost a unanimous decision to Casey Kenney.

Silva, 24, will make his UFC debut with an unblemished record. He most recently fought at a Legacy Fighting Alliance show in March, defeating Jake Heffernan by first-round knockout.

UFC San Antonio is set to take place at AT&T Center on July 20, with the main card airing on ESPN. A headliner has not been named for the event.

See the updated card below (bout order to be determined):

Juan Adams vs. Greg Hardy

Alex Caceres vs. Steven Peterson

Domingo Pilarte vs. Felipe Colares

Liz Carmouche vs. Roxanne Modafferi

Aleksei Oleinik vs. Walt Harris

Raquel Pennington vs. Irene Aldana

Sam Alvey vs. Klidson Abreu

Mario Bautista vs. Jin Soo Son

James Vick vs. Dan Hooker

Andrei Arlovski vs. Ben Rothwell

Ray Borg vs. Gabriel Silva

Source: https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/6/3/18651105/james-vick-vs-dan-hooker-andrei-arlovski-vs-ben-rothwell-2-added-to-ufc-san-antonio
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”