Andy Ruiz Huge Fat UPSET

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Re: Andy Ruiz Huge Fat UPSET

Postby Edge Guerrero » Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:45 pm

Masato wrote:
Diet Butcher wrote:
Masato wrote:Weird that the 2 top HWs in the world right now are thick chubby white guys (Tyson Fury), lol

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... 9bb5Dz6HpC

It makes me wonder actually that the ideal physique for HW might actually be closer to this than the typical MW or LHW body.

Fury, Ruiz, Cormier... I also think of George Foreman's comeback, so big and thick... Tank Abbott in his day really changed the game with sheer durable size and punching power even though his skills were limited... Mark Hunt, there are likely other examples. A big neck that can take a punch, a fat-armored body you can't bruise, a slower pace but able to go the distance, plus twice the punching power.

Wonder if we see a HW Boxing/Sumo hybrid evolved type of fighter in the next 5-10 years :D

- Wasnt the game full of roid-heads and fat-guys? And fat-roid heads?
Theres diferent fighters, with diferent body types that finds sucess.

This guy was a sucessiful somotory!

Takanoyama Shuntarō

- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:39 am

Joshua triggered his rematch clause. They're fighting again in November/December. Ruiz says if Joshua wants it in the UK they need to pay him 50 mil lol

Rambo John J

Postby Rambo John J » Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:22 am

Luigi wrote:Rumors are going around that Joshua was KO'd in sparring a week before the fight, some say by Agit Kabayel, some say by an American named Dawejko. During Ruiz's post fight interview you can see in the background Joshua's dad get in the ring and gets in Eddie Hearn's face and Joshua has to restrain him and says "its me fighting." People suspect AJ was considering calling off the fight but Hearn persuaded him not to. Its not totally unbelievable because Hearn is basically the one promoter not afraid to throw his guys to the wolves, e.g. when he matched Kell Brook against GGG and Amir Khan vs Canelo.

Update: a guy from sherdog says he is friends with Scott Quigg and he told him that medics were called to Joshua's dressing room 55 minutes before the fight. A source says his dad said AJ had an anxiety/panic attack before the fight and if true this was likely why the medics were called and why the dad was pissed at Hearn for allowing the fight to continue. The source seems legit. This was Joshua's first fight outside the UK so its not too surprising MSG spooked him.

very interesting

I heard he was possibly concussed twice in training camp...maybe both guys rocked him

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:12 am

Also I should add that because Joshua now has a huge finish loss on his record and most people think Tyson Fury beat Wilder in their draw fight, from 2015 until Tyson Fury loses will be remembered as the Tyson Fury era, which is hilarious because he spent a lot of the time just getting fat and doing cocaine lol

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:11 pm

- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”