Rizin 16 card finalized, including return of Daron Cruickshank

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Rizin 16 card finalized, including return of Daron Cruickshank

Postby Edge Guerrero » Wed May 15, 2019 12:52 pm

By Alexander K. Lee @AlexanderKLee May 13, 2019

Daron Cruickshank is sticking around in Rizin Fighting Federation.

On Monday, the Japanese promotion finalized the card for its upcoming Rizin 16 event, which takes place on June 2 at World Memorial Hall in Kobe, Japan. Cruickshank (22-11, 1 NC) was one of several names announced for the show.

“The Detroit Superstar” fought out the last appearance on his contract in December, losing to fellow UFC veteran Damien Brown by first-round guillotine choke submission. Now, Cruickshank has re-upped with Rizin.

The lightweight will be looking to improve on his 5-3 Rizin record and add another highlight-reel finish to his collection when he takes on Azerbaijan’s Tofiq Musaev (14-3), who made his promotional debut at Rizin 14 with a second-round TKO of Nobumitsu Osawa. Musaev has won his last 10 fights, all by KO/TKO.

Other newly announced MMA bouts for the card include a bout between veterans Mamoru Uoi (21-6-5) and Kana Hyatt (16-19) (division not announced, though Uoi most recently fought at bantamweight, Hyatt at flyweight) and a flyweight bout between Shooto standout Takaki Soya (9-4-1) and recent DEEP strawweight title challenger Namiki Kawahara (5-2-2, 1 NC).

One of the event’s kickboxing bouts has been canceled as a broken orbital bone has forced Kai Asakura to withdraw from his scheduled meeting with Yusaku Nakamura.

The updated 14-fight card also includes a previously announced super atomweight title bout between Rizin champion Ayaka Hamasaki and Invicta FC champion Jinh Yu Frey, plus kickboxing sensation Tenshin Nasukawa will be in action.

Rizin 16 will be available on FITE TV PPV. See the updated lineup below (bout order to be determined):

MMA

Ayaka Hamasaki vs Jinh Yu Frey

Kanna Asakura vs Miyuu Yamamoto

Erson Yamamoto vs Tim Eschtruth

Roque Martinez vs Jake Heun

Yusaku Nakamura vs Topnoi Tiger Muay Thai

Daron Cruickshank vs Tofiq Musaev

Takaki Soya vs Namiki Kawahara

Mamoru Uoi vs Kana Hyatt

Kickboxing

Ahmed Ferradji vs Tenshin Nasukawa

ITTO vs Kan Nakamura

Kunitaka vs Kizaemon Saiga

Hiroto Yamaguchi vs Taiju Shiratori

YUYA vs Yuki Tanaka

Seiki Ueyama vs KENGO

Source: https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/5/13/18617737/rizin-16-card-finalized-including-return-of-daron-cruickshank
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”