Aoki gets quick turnaround, defends ONE Championship title against Christian Lee in May

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Aoki gets quick turnaround, defends ONE Championship title against Christian Lee in May

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:15 pm

By Guilherme Cruz @guicruzzz Apr 5, 2019

Shinya Aoki is wasting no time.

Five days after Aoki reclaimed the ONE Championship lightweight belt with a first-round submission victory over Eduard Folayang in Tokyo, the Asian promotion announced that the experienced fighter will put his title on the line against Christian Lee at ONE: Enter The Dragon, scheduled for May 17 in Singapore.

The ONE: Enter The Dragon fight card will take place at the Singapore Indoor Stadium in Singapore and also includes the previously announced promotional debut of UFC veteran Sage Northcutt, who meets Cosmo Alexandre in a welterweight contest.

Aoki (43-8, 1 no-contest) is coming off four straight first-round finishes since May 2018, submitting Rasul Yakhyaev, Shannon Wiratchai, Ev Ting and Folayang. Win or lose, the Japanese star only went the distance three times over the last 20 MMA fights.

Lee (11-3), who came up short in his first attempt to win the lightweight belt with a split decision loss to Martin Nguyen last May, earned another shot at the gold after scoring consecutive TKO wins over Kazuki Tokudome and Edward Kelly. “The Warrior” fought his entire MMA career under the ONE banner, finishing all of his fights by knockout or submission.

Source: https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/4/5/18296570/shinya-aoki-one-championship-title-christian-lee
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”