Jon Jones vs. Thiago Santos slated for UFC 239

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Jon Jones vs. Thiago Santos slated for UFC 239

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:19 pm

By Shaun Al-Shatti @shaunalshatti Mar 27, 2019

Stipe Miocic will have to wait.

Just hours after Jones teased a potential fight against the former UFC heavyweight champion, his real marching orders were unveiled: Jones is being targeted to defend his UFC light heavyweight title against Thiago Santos on July 6 at UFC 239. MMA Fighting confirmed the news Wednesday following an initial report by ESPN. Once finalized, Jones vs. Santos is expected to headline the UFC’s annual International Fight Week.

After a roller-coaster three-year stretch that saw him be suspended and stripped of UFC titles three different times for various infractions, including a pair of failed drug tests, Jones (24-1, 1 NC) appears to finally be back on track. He recaptured his long-held 205-pound title in December with a third-round TKO stoppage over Alexander Gustafsson, then successfully defended his belt with a unanimous decision over Anthony Smith at UFC 235.

In Santos (21-6), Jones faces a former middleweight who has found new life at 205 pounds. Since moving up in weight, the Brazilian slugger holds a perfect 3-0 record with KO/TKO stoppages over Eryk Anders, Jimi Manuwa, and Jan Blachowicz. In total, Santos has finished 11 of his 13 Octagon wins via KO/TKO stoppages.

UFC 239 takes place at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Source: https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/3/27/18284608/jon-jones-vs-thiago-santos-slated-for-ufc-239
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Rambo John J

Postby Rambo John J » Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:26 pm

would be amazing to see Santos pull it off

I think his knee gets kicked from across the octagon though...Santos has like 76" reach

Jon will feel pretty comfortable in there unless he gets caught with a blitzkrieg

i expect a few blitzkriegs to get stopped with fingers in the eye and some hollow warnings

Return to “Super Dojo”