Benson Henderson vs. Adam Piccolotti, Phil Davis vs. Liam McGeary 2

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Benson Henderson vs. Adam Piccolotti, Phil Davis vs. Liam McGeary 2

Postby Edge Guerrero » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:34 am

booked for Bellator 220

By Alexander K. Lee @AlexanderKLee Mar 5, 2019

Benson Henderson is looking to continue his best run since joining Bellator.

MMA Fighting confirmed with officials that Henderson will fight Adam Piccolotti (11-2) in a lightweight bout at Bellator 220 on April 27 at SAP Center in San Jose, Calif. A light heavyweight rematch between Phil Davis and Liam McGeary will also take place at the event.

Both bouts were first reported by ESPN.

Henderson (26-8), a former UFC lightweight champion, is coming off of consecutive wins for the first time in his Bellator career. He fought twice in 2018, defeating Roger Huerta via second-round guillotine choke in April and Saad Awad by unanimous decision in October to improve his Bellator record to 3-3.

Piccolotti (7-2 for Bellator) has also won two straight, submitting Carrington Banks last May to hand Banks his first loss, and following that up with a unanimous decision win over 12-year veteran James Terry.

Davis and McGeary first fought back at Bellator 163 on Nov. 4, 2016. There, Davis defeated McGeary by five-round unanimous decision to win the Bellator light heavyweight championship. “Mr. Wonderful” would drop the title to Ryan Bader in his next outing and then win two of his next three. He most recently lost a split decision to Vadim Nemkov in November.

On the other side, McGeary is searching for his first win streak since 2015. He’s just 2-3 in his last five, with a third-round TKO victory over Muhammed Lawal in his most recent outing this past December. McGeary is 10-3 inside the Bellator cage.

Henderson-Piccolotti and Davis-McGeary 2 have been added to the main card of Bellator 220, which will be headlined by a welterweight title bout between champion Rory MacDonald and challenger Jon Fitch (which will also serve as a Bellator Welterweight World Grand Prix opening round match) and co-headlined by Ilima-Lei Macfarlane defending her flyweight championship against Veta Arteaga.

Source: https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/3/5/18251865/benson-henderson-vs-adam-piccolotti-phil-davis-vs-liam-mcgeary-2-booked-for-bellator-220
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”