Invicta FC announces one-night, eight-woman tournament series

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Invicta FC announces one-night, eight-woman tournament series

Postby Edge Guerrero » Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:48 pm

By MMA Fighting Newswire Mar 3, 2019

Fans of one night tournaments are in for a treat, courtesy of Invicta FC.

The all-female promotion announced Saturday during the UFC 235 broadcast that it is launching a new series of one-night, eight-woman tournaments starting on May 3.

Dubbed “Phoenix Rising”, the series will kick off with an event featuring eight fighters from the strawweight division at Memorial Hall in Kansas City, Kan., and air live on UFC Fight Pass.

The eight strawweights includes a wide range of talents, including title contenders Mizuki Inoue (13-5-1) and Janaisa Morandin (10-2), UFC vets Danielle Taylor (10-4) Juliana Lima (9-5) and Kailin Curran (4-6), Invicta standout Sharon Jacobson (5-3), up-and-comer Brianna Van Buren (5-2), and unbeaten Icelander Sunna Davidsdottir (3-0).

A tournament reserve matchup is expected to be booked for the May 3 event as well.

The format will feature one-round fights in the quarter-finals and semifinals, and then a three-round tournament final, with the winners receiving “big cash prizes” per Invicta FC president Shannon Knapp. Matchups will be determined by random draw.

There will be finishing bonuses and the fastest finisher in the opening round will also be allowed to pick their opponent in the semifinals (if there are no finishes, matchups will again be determined by random draw).

Source: https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/3/3/18248196/invicta-fc-one-night-eight-woman-tournament-series
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”